Python autobahn/crossbar WAMP as part of a twisted.application.service.MultiService

mark.he...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 3:07:33 AM5/6/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I’m trying to add a WAMP service to a MultiService instance for a twistd plugin, but seem to be doing something wrong and cannot get a pair of WS connections to send messages between one another.

The corresponding JS is here: http://jsfiddle.net/ht0oo8u8/1/

When I run the plugin with something like `twistd -n myapp` then everything starts listening OK, and the browser connections are made successfully.  The problem seems to be that they never receive any of the messages sent to them by the other connection.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Cheers,
Mark

mark.he...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 3:18:17 AM5/6/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Apologies, I forgot to include versions I’m using:

Twisted==15.1.0
crossbar==0.10.4
autobahn==0.10.3

Cheers,
Mark

Tobias Oberstein

May 6, 2015, 3:41:30 AM5/6/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

using Crossbar.io internal classes "from outside" is unsupported,
regardless of how you use them. You should look at Crossbar.io as a
black-box service like Apache.

Cheers,
/Tobias
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/b72b42c3-7309-4a1d-9b6e-2e7a78f1a38a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/b72b42c3-7309-4a1d-9b6e-2e7a78f1a38a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

mark hellewell

May 6, 2015, 8:43:05 PM5/6/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 6 May 2015 at 17:41 Tobias Oberstein <tobias.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mark,

using Crossbar.io internal classes "from outside" is unsupported,
regardless of how you use them. You should look at Crossbar.io as a black-box service like Apache.

Hmm, OK, thanks.  How do I go about adding other (non–WAMP) services to crossbar so they’re run at the same time?  I have a couple of Twisted services (in addition to the WAMP service) which need to share a pool of txredisapi connections and start up at the same time.  This was easy enough with plain autobahn, can crossbar be told to run as a twisted plugin?

Cheers,
Mark

Cheers,
/Tobias