Crossbar 0.10.2 pattern-match subscriptions & dynamic authorization

Mike Raistrick

Apr 8, 2015, 4:26:30 AM4/8/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

with dynamic authorization configured, the authorization service doesn't seem to receive the requesting subscriber's match request (prefix / wildcard).

It seems it would be useful for the authrorizor to allow / deny based on this together witht the uri.

Checked on the issues list and this was the closest https://github.com/crossbario/crossbar/issues/280 but is for static authorization

Happy to raise an issue if no-one has any suggestions (or thoughts on why this would be a bad thing for the authorizer to see).

Thanks

Mike

Tobias Oberstein

Apr 8, 2015, 5:03:21 PM4/8/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Am 08.04.2015 um 10:26 schrieb Mike Raistrick:
> Hi,
>
> with dynamic authorization configured, the authorization service doesn't
> seem to receive the requesting subscriber's match request (prefix /
> wildcard).
>
> It seems it would be useful for the authrorizor to allow / deny based on
> this together witht the uri.

Yes, I agree. A dynamic authorizer should definitely have this info
forwarded. It might want to allow or deny a subscribe for a given URI
depending if it is for exact match or prefix eg.

> Checked on the issues list and this was the closest
> https://github.com/crossbario/crossbar/issues/280 but is for static
> authorization

Exactly. Same area, but for static auth.

> Happy to raise an issue if no-one has any suggestions (or thoughts on

Yes, please.

> why this would be a bad thing for the authorizer to see).

No, I think that's a perfectly valid wish.

It's fascinating to see how adding a feature ("prefix/wildcard subs")
triggers appetite for more;) The good thing is, that these missing
pieces all seem to fit well into the overall design. We are still "on
track"!

Cheers,
/Tobias