Websocket Upgrade Required when Connect with GSM Modem Module

Imam Abdul

Nov 19, 2015, 9:45:05 PM11/19/15
to Autobahn, tobias.o...@tavendo.de
Hello.

Please give me some advise.
When I try to connect with web socket with GSM Modem I get error message "connection was closed uncleanly (WebSocket connection upgrade failed (426 - UpgradeRequired))"
But when I use LAN Connection my program run correctly and can connect.
I use autobahn twisted v15.4 in my client program and use websocket ws java script in server program.

There is additional setting when I use GSM Modem to connect websocket?

Thank you.

Alexander Gödde

Nov 20, 2015, 9:11:56 AM11/20/15
to Autobahn, tobias.o...@tavendo.de
Hi!

Without more information it is impossible to say anything about the error, since the error could be anywhere from the modem software stack to your provider's network.

Regards,

Alex

Imam Abdul

Nov 22, 2015, 8:41:59 PM11/22/15
to Autobahn, tobias.o...@tavendo.de

Hi Mr Godde,

That is debug message from my application.

Geordie Millar

Nov 22, 2015, 9:23:43 PM11/22/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Does your 3G provider have a transparent web proxy that's causing problems because it doesn't understand WebSockets? I've seen that issue before with a few things...

Try running it over SSL and see if the problem goes away.

Imam Abdul

Nov 23, 2015, 3:46:13 AM11/23/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com

thank you, I try to use ws and it can connect but sometimes I get error message like in this picture.
How can this error message come?
Thank you

Imam Abdul Mahmudi
S1 Teknik Fisika