Routing between realms

ralph stone

May 25, 2015, 12:20:50 AM5/25/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
hi,

is routing between realms on the same crossbar router possible?
we have a front-end talking to frontend clients, and a backend with a database.
it would be good to have a public realm and a private realm, with the frontend methods acting as a proxy for backend calls.

regards
ralph

Tobias Oberstein

May 27, 2015, 6:19:26 PM5/27/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Am 25.05.2015 um 06:20 schrieb ralph stone:
> hi,
>
> is routing between realms on the same crossbar router possible?

No. Realms are fully separated by design.

> we have a front-end talking to frontend clients, and a backend with a
> database.
> it would be good to have a public realm and a private realm, with the
> frontend methods acting as a proxy for backend calls.

WAMP has auth. roles which you can use to restrict the set of procedures
visible/accessible to some client - frontend or backend.

> regards
> ralph

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/7e420a08-44eb-4aa2-95e2-08ef1d170e34%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/7e420a08-44eb-4aa2-95e2-08ef1d170e34%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Emile Cormier

May 28, 2015, 7:52:44 PM5/28/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
You could have backend clients that connect to both realms, which would act as a sort of bridge.

Web UI --> Public
           Router    Remote facade component
           Private <---------/
            Realm  <------------- Database component

This has the advantage of making critical backend components less exposed to peers on the publicly-accessible realm. I'm actually planning on using this approach in my work project. I haven't implemented it yet, so I cannot tell you how well this works.

Cheers,
Emile