Autobahn|Cpp Callee behaviour not implemented

David Chappelle

Nov 22, 2014, 9:38:04 PM11/22/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
The README.md states that the callee behaviour is implemented but in session<IStream, OStream>::got_msg it isn't implemented:

1146          case msg_code::CALL:
1147             throw protocol_error("received CALL message unexpected for WAMP client roles");
1148

Am I correct then to say that the current Autobahn|Cpp cannot be used to fully implement a component?

David Chappelle

Nov 23, 2014, 12:18:04 AM11/23/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Ok had a read through the specs and found the right code for callee is INVOCATION. So yes it can be fully used to implement a component.

Tobias Oberstein

Nov 23, 2014, 4:01:19 AM11/23/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Am 23.11.2014 03:38, schrieb David Chappelle:
> The README.md states that the callee behaviour is implemented but

Yes. AutobahnCpp implements all 4 roles.

You can verify yourself by testing:

http://crossbar.io/docs/Getting-started-with-Cplusplus/

This template is using this C++ component

https://github.com/crossbario/crossbar/blob/master/crossbar/crossbar/templates/hello/cpp/hello.cpp

> in session<IStream, OStream>::got_msg it isn't implemented:
>

> 1146 case msg_code::CALL:
> 1147 throw protocol_error("received CALL message unexpected
> for WAMP client roles");
> 1148

No. This error is handling is correct, since a WAMP client cannot
process a WAMP CALL message, only a WAMP INVOCATION message. CALL
messages are processes by routers only.

See here:

https://github.com/tavendo/WAMP/blob/master/spec/basic.md#calling-and-invocations

Tobias Oberstein

Nov 23, 2014, 4:15:53 AM11/23/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Am 23.11.2014 06:18, schrieb David Chappelle:
> Ok had a read through the specs and found the right code for callee is
> INVOCATION. So yes it can be fully used to implement a component.

Yes. That being said, there are still some bits missing .. grep for
"FIXME" in the source and compare
https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnCpp/issues/9