Reading/setting cookies from a guestworker

Rejo

Apr 8, 2015, 11:56:37 AM4/8/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In the same way we can define a method of a guest worker that will act as an dynamic authprovider for crossbar, is there a way to read/set cookies from a guest worker (some kind of a websocket opener helper) ?

Tobias Oberstein

Apr 8, 2015, 4:56:22 PM4/8/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
You can read cookies from the transport details provided to a dynamic
authenticator.

You can't set cookies on WebSocket connections managed by Crossbar.io
from outside Crossbar.io currently. Crossbar.io does have the ability to
set cookies automatically though (so-called "cookie tracking"), and it
will remember authentication info via cookies also.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/5dc668e7-e7e7-41d1-a3e9-76a188a1f737%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/5dc668e7-e7e7-41d1-a3e9-76a188a1f737%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Rejo

Apr 8, 2015, 5:38:29 PM4/8/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tobias,

Le mercredi 8 avril 2015 22:56:22 UTC+2, Tobias Oberstein a écrit :

You can read cookies from the transport details provided to a dynamic
authenticator.
ok.

You can't set cookies on WebSocket connections managed by Crossbar.io
from outside Crossbar.io currently. Crossbar.io does have the ability to
set cookies automatically though (so-called "cookie tracking"), and it
will remember authentication info via cookies also.

I've just realized that you can only write/change cookies during the initial websocket handshake, not after the websocket is established... So best way must be to ask the javascript client to create/modify/delete the cookies that will be sent back on the next connection attempt.

Rejo

Apr 9, 2015, 5:31:28 AM4/9/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tobias,

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 10:56:22 PM UTC+2, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

You can read cookies from the transport details provided to a dynamic
authenticator.

I can't see such details in the case of a "ticket" dynamic authentication :-(
The parameters are realm authid and ticket.

Tobias Oberstein

Apr 9, 2015, 8:25:56 AM4/9/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com