Urgent help required with autobahn android client for websocket

Tejas Nandanikar

Jul 11, 2015, 3:29:42 AM7/11/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com

Roger Erens

Jul 11, 2015, 9:03:40 PM7/11/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tejas,

I tried to type as fast as I could to help you in this urgent matter ;-)

Please follow the guide lines as described here
and

But before wasting too much of your precious time on providing us with a self-contained piece of code we can use to reproduce your reported error,
please do tell us which library you are using (including WAMP version) to 'design' your android websocket client.

Cheers,

Roger

Op zaterdag 11 juli 2015 09:29:42 UTC+2 schreef Tejas Nandanikar:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tejas Nandanikar

Jul 12, 2015, 12:31:49 AM7/12/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
I am using autobahn library for android using WebSocket protocol

Roger Erens

Jul 12, 2015, 11:52:17 AM7/12/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com

Tejas,

Please don't waste our time by providing vague information you already told us. It is of vital importance that you read our requests for additional information very carefully! Specifically, i asked you which version you are using, not the address of a website.

Tejas Nandanikar

Jul 13, 2015, 12:01:27 AM7/13/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
I am using autobahn-0.5.0, jackson-core-asl-1.9.7 and jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.7

Tobias Oberstein

Jul 13, 2015, 4:04:30 AM7/13/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
As Roger already mentioned, without a complete example of a program
producing the issue, there isn't much we can do.

E.g. the java.lang.NullPointerException could be a silly programming
error unrelated to AutobahnAndroid at all - or it could be a bug in
AutobahnAndroid.

Am 13.07.2015 um 06:01 schrieb Tejas Nandanikar:
> I am using autobahn-0.5.0, jackson-core-asl-1.9.7
> and jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.7
>
> On Sunday, 12 July 2015 21:22:17 UTC+5:30, Roger Erens wrote:
>
> Tejas,
>
> Please don't waste our time by providing vague information you
> already told us. It is of vital importance that you read our
> requests for additional information very carefully! Specifically, i
> asked you which version you are using, not the address of a website.
>
> Op 12 jul. 2015 06:31 schreef "Tejas Nandanikar" <teja...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>>:
>
> I am using autobahn library for android using WebSocket protocol
> http://autobahn.ws/android/
> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fautobahn.ws%2Fandroid%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNG65w2Ep3YuWz9BC_2Az9Ia5pZ4dQ>
> to autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> <javascript:>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/05a2d8fa-a934-4206-9b83-0e1e4787dc21%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/e974dc67-dd92-43e0-bad9-91bf63b71b3b%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/e974dc67-dd92-43e0-bad9-91bf63b71b3b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Roger Erens

Jul 13, 2015, 3:40:08 PM7/13/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you are trying to follow along the Autobahn|Android's getting started page http://autobahn.ws/android/gettingstarted.html,
and taking some sort of shortcut by adding the mConnection.sendTextMessage function call at the end of the try-clause.
In the source code in GitHub[1], you can see this function being called in the onCreate function.

Can you confirm that the getting started example (the WebSocket Echo Client) works for you?

Tejas Nandanikar

Jul 13, 2015, 11:08:17 PM7/13/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that works for me but can't it be used the way I used it? Sorry, I am a beginner.