Cookie authentication: where are the examples or docs?

ralph stone

May 25, 2015, 12:14:00 AM5/25/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hopefully self-explanatory. We wish to implement wamp based authentication. The web client in this case already has a cookie set by the web server on login, before making the wamp calls. How can we authenticate against this cookie? We have a crossbar-autobahn-python backend. Alternatively, if there are no examples, is there anything current we can read?

regards
ralph.

Tobias Oberstein

May 27, 2015, 6:26:05 PM5/27/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Am 25.05.2015 um 06:14 schrieb ralph stone:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully self-explanatory. We wish to implement wamp based
> authentication. The web client in this case already has a cookie set by
> the web server on login, before making the wamp calls. How can we
> authenticate against this cookie? We have a crossbar-autobahn-python

By using a custom, dynamic authenticator that reads the cookie, does
it's verify thing, and returns authid/authrole under which the client
should be given access to WAMP.

> backend. Alternatively, if there are no examples, is there anything
> current we can read?

I'm afraid there is none fitting your exact use case.

Rgd. dynamic authenticators:

https://github.com/crossbario/crossbarexamples/tree/master/authenticate/wampcradynamic/python
http://crossbar.io/docs/WAMP-CRA-Authentication/

Essentially, Crossbar.io will call your custom WAMP procedure to
authenticate _other_ WAMP sessions.

And the arguments to the call include transport level info like cookies.