In-person cafe meetup 6/19: Calibration with Wits and Wagers

Silas Barta

Jun 16, 2021, 11:28:22 PM6/16/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Time once again to use the board game Wits and Wagers to judge whether your ability to form estimates is well-calibrated! I'll bring a copy of the game (generously on loan from the Will Kiely Collection).

In Wits and Wagers, you place bets on the (numerical) answers to trivia questions and get more points as you win. This helps gauge whether you are consistently making the best guess based on your current state of knowledge.
***
The meetup is at Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar, in the cafe area. Look for the LW and SSC signs. People start arriving at 1:30 pm, and the main activity will begin at 2:30 pm. In accordance with store policy, please wear a mask when not seated.

Patrick Westropp

Jun 17, 2021, 12:40:00 AM6/17/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Do wenhave to wear masks if we go?

Diego Bennett

Jun 17, 2021, 1:19:45 AM6/17/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Don’t take my word for it, hopefully Silas or someone else can chime in, but I believe the rule is only while standing up and no requirement while sitting down at table. Not sure if enforced or cared about though.

William Kiely

Jun 17, 2021, 2:09:14 AM6/17/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
As of June 9th, "Facial coverings are optional for Covid-19 fully vaccinated Partners, vendors, and customers inside our stores." https://centralmarket.com/information/

Silas Barta

Jun 17, 2021, 7:25:22 AM6/17/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Oh good catch, I hadn’t updated the end note.

rab...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2021, 2:36:11 PM6/19/21
to austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Usual spot in the corner by the fountains downstairs. m

Ryan