Remnant Metroad Signs

Musa Hodzic

May 12, 2021, 8:59:11 AM5/12/21
to Aussie Highways
I know there's an MR5 in Liverpool and and MR6 on the M2 citybound. I think I've also seem an MR1 but can't remember where. Anyway, here's a pic of the MR3 on the M5 citybound. Looks like whoever did the riveting of the coverplates didn't do a good job of the rivets are bad quality, deteriorating quickly and coverplates falling off.
20210512_080851.jpg
20210512_080851(0).jpg

Nihat

May 13, 2021, 3:56:19 AM5/13/21
to Aussie Highways
According to street view its been like that for years. In fact I cannot even find an image that is A3 so perhaps there never was?

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 10:59 PM Musa Hodzic <musah...@gmail.com> wrote:
I know there's an MR5 in Liverpool and and MR6 on the M2 citybound. I think I've also seem an MR1 but can't remember where. Anyway, here's a pic of the MR3 on the M5 citybound. Looks like whoever did the riveting of the coverplates didn't do a good job of the rivets are bad quality, deteriorating quickly and coverplates falling off.

Musa Hodzic

May 13, 2021, 6:27:58 AM5/13/21
to Aussie Highways

Musa Hodzic

May 13, 2021, 6:29:59 AM5/13/21
to Aussie Highways
Here's another one.
20210401_172416.jpg

#130km/hforthehume

May 14, 2021, 11:06:53 AM5/14/21
to Aussie Highways
Here's a few:

* Remnant MR1 on the Warringah Fwy or Gore Hill Fwy, whatever, - https://goo.gl/maps/YXELZzwBxkxB1MYU7

* There's a few MR6's in Logan

ed24f1

May 19, 2021, 6:44:29 AM5/19/21
to Aussie Highways
This one in Pyrmont is still the holy grail of remnant metroad signs
20210518_131231.jpg

#130km/hforthehume

May 19, 2021, 10:06:00 AM5/19/21
to Aussie Highways
that's ancient. since met 5 stopped running through the city in 2001, probably at least 22 years.

Sam Laybutt

May 19, 2021, 10:20:17 AM5/19/21
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
The sign itself is even older, with NR1/NR31/NR32 underneath the coverplates, dating from about 1986. There's several other signs at the same intersection dating from the same era, just without route numbers, e.g. https://goo.gl/maps/GPREVQgMPMLEKXFL7

May 20, 2021, 10:22:17 PM5/20/21
to Aussie Highways
20210521_122058.jpg

Paul Rands

Jun 6, 2021, 3:15:17 AM6/6/21
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

One of the few to show 3 metroads on the one sign IIRC

--
Paul Rands
li...@paulrands.com