Fabrice FRAYSSINET

Jul 25, 2021, 6:01:41 AM7/25/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
I just bought 4.5 inch spoked rims from MMS for my # 142 cobra and they protrude too much from the front fenders.
it seems that the front axle is original from a Mustang. can you tell me if you have a solution to reduce the width?
I hope to be clear enough in my remarks.
currently the tire comes out 7.5 cm.(3 in)

Fabrice FRAYSSINET

Jul 25, 2021, 6:02:09 AM7/25/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com

AL SINCLAIR

Jul 26, 2021, 12:49:04 PM7/26/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
 rim Fabrice good morning It would appear that the rims you purchased have the incorrect offset  which is the distance from the face of the rim to the bolt holes I would see what the factory rim offsets are and try to match them  cheers Al Sinclair
 Too much negative offset (the wheel sits too far outwards from the car) can also contribute to poor handling due to additional stresses on the suspension components. The steering wheel can flick back in hard cornering causing unstable handling and a possible accident.Capture 22.JPG

Sascha K.

Sep 4, 2021, 3:47:45 PM9/4/21
to AuroraCobra
Hi Fabrice,

I wonder if you managed to get the wheels under the fender. Aurora delivered the cars with Dayton wire wheels. As far as I know the MMS hub is some inches wider which causes the wheels standing out of the fender like in your picture.

Cheers
Sascha

Fabrice FRAYSSINET

Sep 5, 2021, 1:15:00 AM9/5/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
good evening Sascha
I am still looking for the best solution for spoke rims. MMS rims do not match for Aurora cobra because the adapter is much too long and thus the rims for the front axle come out of 7cm!
I saw on the Dayton site that the adapters seemed shorter. I asked my supplier in France to see with Dayton to find a solution, hoping that MMS will accept dd take back the other rims.
I keep you informed.
thank you very much for your valuable advice.
Cheers
Fabrice

Sascha K.

Sep 5, 2021, 4:16:01 PM9/5/21
to AuroraCobra
Hi Fabrice,

Please have a look at the Aurora website. Tom has some helpful details on possible backspace etc. My car #114 has currently 16x7 (8inch wide) with 5.25 Backspace. They just fit under the fender but this is really the maximum that is possible. So let the Dayton dealer advise what is possible when you like to have narrower wheels. 15x6 should have 4.65 backspace minimum I guess. That's what I will try next. Btw, they also make a bolt-on version of the wire wheels for those who like it.

Good luck!

Cheers
Sascha

Robert Young

Sep 6, 2021, 8:55:15 AM9/6/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Fabrice.....I am attaching information regarding the wheels on my Aurora - they fit perfectly in the wheel opening front and rear. I am also attaching a picture of my car showing the wheels installed vs. location to body. Hopefully this will help should you decide to purchase them. Cost wheel and related sheet is dated 2015 so the prices might not be current. Regards, Bob. Aurora #087.
P1020854.JPG
Cobra wheel dimensions.pdf
Cobra wheel and related costs.pdf

Sascha K.

Sep 6, 2021, 2:50:48 PM9/6/21
to AuroraCobra
Hi Bob,

This is really helpful - Thank you for sharing this!

Cheers
Sascha