samples not loading

Nicolás Varchausky

Aug 6, 2020, 11:28:29 AM8/6/20
to audios...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!
I am new to AudioStellar! Looks like a great tool!
I have been trying to load 900+ soundfiles of 3 seconds each on a new session using the default parameters except for the sample rate at 44.1 and 3.5 seconds for the file length.
I did "grab a coffee" as suggested, but It's been over 20 minutes now and the progress bar is still at 0%... These are mono wav files, 44.1k 16bit, and I am running audiostellar v0.10.0 on Mojave 10.14.6 with 16mb of RAM.
I am trying now with only ten sounds with the same specs and nothing is happening either... Any ideas why these would not load? Please help!
Thank you for your tips!
Best,

Leandro Garber

Aug 6, 2020, 11:35:32 AM8/6/20
to Nicolás Varchausky, AudioStellar
Bar at 0% is not good.

Have you tried with default settings ? 22050hz of sample rate for instance

Can you provide a screenshot of the files in finder ?

Nicolás Varchausky

Aug 6, 2020, 11:46:01 AM8/6/20
to Leandro Garber, AudioStellar
Hi,
Thank you for your quick response!
I am attaching a screenshot of the files
And yes, I have tried also with all default settings, including sample rate at 22k...
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 12.43.47.png

Leandro Garber

Aug 6, 2020, 11:57:01 AM8/6/20
to Nicolás Varchausky, AudioStellar
Everything looks good.
There used to be a problem in mac with filenames with white spaces but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen anymore.

Can you select a small subgroup of those files and try again and if that doesn't work then remove whitespaces from filenames to confirm that the bug is still present ?

Nicolás Varchausky

Aug 6, 2020, 12:04:22 PM8/6/20
to Leandro Garber, AudioStellar
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 13.03.53.png

Nicolás Varchausky

Aug 6, 2020, 12:05:28 PM8/6/20
to Leandro Garber, AudioStellar
also, I have to quit the software altogether cause the "x" won't close the loading window

Leandro Garber

Aug 6, 2020, 12:07:45 PM8/6/20
to Nicolás Varchausky, AudioStellar
please try with at least 10 files.

is it the problem with the files ? have you tried with other files and it worked or it never worked ?

Nicolás Varchausky

Aug 6, 2020, 12:13:11 PM8/6/20
to Leandro Garber, AudioStellar
I tried with different files and nothing..
Also tried with 20 files and nothing... maybe is mojave?
It did work with the previous version... v0.9?

Juan Cruz

Aug 6, 2020, 12:15:33 PM8/6/20
to Leandro Garber, Nicolás Varchausky, AudioStellar
I'm processing a folder with whitespaces in filenames and it works.
You can do this to try to get an error message:
Right click Audiostellar.app
Go inside Contents/MacOS
Double click audiostellar
This will open the app and also a terminal window.
Try to process files again and look at the terminal for errors.

Leandro Garber

Aug 6, 2020, 12:17:41 PM8/6/20
to Nicolás Varchausky, AudioStellar
also, if 0.9 worked for you, opening a 0.9 session with 0.10 shouldn't be a problem.

Nicolás Varchausky

Aug 6, 2020, 12:27:41 PM8/6/20
to Leandro Garber, AudioStellar
Ok: when getting inside the app folder into contents as Juan suggested, it works. I am attaching what was posted on the terminal when I opened the program, there is an error there. Anyways, this worked. Then I tried with other files with spaces in their names, it worked too, but in the terminal a long error list was posted, also attaching that.
Still not working when not running the program this way but directly from the icon...
Thank you!
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 13.18.32.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 13.23.45.png

Leandro Garber

Aug 7, 2020, 12:39:45 PM8/7/20
to Nicolás Varchausky, AudioStellar
I'm glad it is working now.

Can anyone else confirm this bug is happening for AudioStellar v0.10.0 on Mojave 10.14.6 ?