How to add additional samples?

Harald Lapp

Mar 17, 2021, 6:55:33 AM3/17/21
to AudioStellar
Hi,

i would like to ask, if there's a tutorial somewhere available or if someone could explain me if and how i can add own samples to AudioStellar? I am on a mac and the default assets location is at: /Applications/AudioStellar.app/Contents/Resources/data/assets/default_session

I assume, that i can put my own additional samples somewhere else? And does AudioStellar only support mp3 or also other formats, eg. wav? And how do i have to prepare the json file, that apparently is required to load the samples into  AudioStellar?

Thanks in advance,
Harald

Leandro Garber

Mar 17, 2021, 1:02:23 PM3/17/21
to Harald Lapp, AudioStellar
Hi Harald,

We are releasing video tutorials soon. Right now we are focusing on stability and performance.

The only tutorial right now is the one that comes with AudioStellar when you first open it, have you tried it ?

Creating a new sound map is pretty easy. Just click File -> New and then choose a folder where your audio clips are (we are supporting MP3 and WAV at the moment). Then click Run and that's it !

Keep in mind that your audio clips should be no longer than 3 seconds for best results.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Leandro.

Felix Petrescu

Jun 18, 2021, 4:55:43 AM6/18/21
to AudioStellar
Leandro:
any chance for a loader/importer that will load 1 (or many) long files
and will split them (by size or by close to 0 volume) in chunks/pieces/corpus and map those pieces
instead of loading many wavs...!? It will be very very handy.

smth like http://ismm.ircam.fr/catart/ for example!?

I dont aim for perfect/intelligent splitting but any type will be better than none...

what do you think !!?!

thanks  in advance,
Felix

Felix Petrescu

Jun 18, 2021, 4:57:40 AM6/18/21
to AudioStellar
as it is now-
if I have a long file
to split it in 1-3 sec chunks
and load it in AudioStellar...
but an importer would be way better!!!!!

agustín Spinetto

Jun 18, 2021, 12:02:47 PM6/18/21
to Felix Petrescu, AudioStellar
Hi Felix!
A tool to edit and cut the samples is being developed right now by our team. We understand it will be very useful.
Hopefully we will get it soon.
BTW, did you know we open a discord channel?
check it out. We hope you upload something of your work ;)

--
Agustín J. Spinetto
MA at Tokyo University of the Arts - Graduate School of Music

Felix Petrescu

Nov 24, 2021, 3:36:04 AM11/24/21
to AudioStellar
Ola Augustin!
any news on that tool that will allow import of one long wav
and it will chop it/catalog it/use it in Audiostellar !?
thanks

Leandro Garber

Nov 24, 2021, 9:24:00 AM11/24/21
to Felix Petrescu, AudioStellar
Hi Felix, we are not there yet. In the meantime I found Reaper tool for slicing is pretty good too (not as good as what we are doing though ;))