Using HDMI and Ethernet-based DACs

Jeffrey Robbins

Jun 2, 2020, 5:24:26 PM6/2/20
to Audiolense User Forum
Bernt, am I correct that no HDMI or ethernet-based DAC can be used for measurements on a Windows PC with AL -- only DACs that have either an ASIO or WASAPI driver available can do so, yes?  Thanks.  JCR

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Jun 2, 2020, 5:37:03 PM6/2/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeffrey,

IDK. You have to play through a driver that supports asio, wasapi, direct sound or winmme. But that device could be capable of HDMI rendering. JRiver, perhaps?

Mvh,

Bernt

Audiolense User Forum.
http://groups.google.com/group/audiolense?hl=en?hl=en

Omid Mostachfi

Jun 2, 2020, 6:45:29 PM6/2/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com
I just tried it and it works fine. I had to go in the control panel, configure the hdmi output to 5.1. I could then output audio to all 5 channels through AL using ASIO4All and WinMME. Directsound and Wasapi did not work.
Omid

Jeffrey C. Robbins

Jun 2, 2020, 7:45:42 PM6/2/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Can you show a screenshot of how you configured the HDMI output?  Many thanks. JCR

Sent from my iPhone

Omid Mostachfi

Jun 2, 2020, 7:51:11 PM6/2/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
The channel IDs map out to the proper speakers.