AES67 resources

Philipp Hartung

Jul 9, 2020, 9:54:38 AM7/9/20
to Audio over IP
I wrote a short article gathering some AES67 resources. Here is a list of open source software mentioned in the article:
An closed source software:
  • Lawo VSC (Windows) AES67 virtual soundcard
  • Lawo Stream Monitor (Windows) AES67 stream monitoring tool
  • Merging ALSA Driver (Linux, free and partially open source) AES67 Alsa virtual soundcard
  • Merging MacOS VSC (MacOS, free) AES67 virtual soundcard
  • Livewire+ VSC (Windows) Livewire+ virtual soundcard, compatible with AES67
  • Ravenna VSC (Windows, free) Ravenna virtual soundcard, compatible with AES67
  • RAV2SAP (Windows, free) „Session announcement translation between RAVENNA and SAP-based systems“
  • PTP Track Hound (MacOS, Linux, Windows, free): PTP network traffic analysis tool
I would be very happy about feedback or further suggestions :)

Nicholas Humfrey

Jul 9, 2020, 9:57:55 AM7/9/20
to Philipp Hartung, Audio over IP

That is great! Well done Philipp!

Making a list like this has been discussed many times, great to see you have done it.

Would you mind adding a link to this mailing list please, for anyone who wants to get in touch with other people interested in Open Source AES67?

nick.

Philipp Hartung

Jul 9, 2020, 10:01:13 AM7/9/20
to Audio over IP
The link is https://hartung.io/2020/07/aes67-resources/ (it is linked on the word "article", but is not very visible I guess :D)

Romain Martin

Jul 12, 2020, 7:34:20 PM7/12/20
to Audio over IP

Thanks for informations !, I have just finished training on audio networks in my job and it is very difficult to find information on the "pure" AES 67 at least in my case in the field of entertainment. (Rather dante)

I think I tried to use gstreamer for receive AES67 on raspberry pi for personal simple project

Thanks !