IntelliJ Plugin

Brandon Barker

Jan 6, 2015, 10:15:49 PM1/6/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
I've put up a release of an IntelliJ plugin here:

Click on 'release' to download the plugin jar file for immediate use.

It includes a lexer and syntax highlighting. It is really just the beginning of what is possible with IntelliJ; even the highlighting and ATS file icons can probably be improved greatly. If you are interested, I can easily point out where to look in the code for these.

Also, I put a few issues up on the github page. More can probably be added - feel free to do so.

Hongwei Xi

Jan 6, 2015, 10:23:57 PM1/6/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
This looks lovely. Could you send me a news item?

Cheers!

Artyom Shalkhakov

Jan 7, 2015, 10:25:03 PM1/7/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
Hello Brandon,
This is awesome! I'll try it over the weekend.

Brandon Barker

Jan 8, 2015, 3:51:57 PM1/8/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I really look forward to adding more features to it in the future (and others adding new features). Other than maybe improving which tokens go to which groups (probably more groups would be useful, the next couple of things I'd like to add are C/C++ plugin integration and using patsopt to highlight errors, since those are both relatively low hanging fruit (hopefully). Perhaps unsurprisingly, there is no plugin for Perl in IntelliJ, so we have at least beat Perl to the punch ;).

gmhwxi

Jan 8, 2015, 8:21:05 PM1/8/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
I took a quick look.

ATS: Applied Type System (instead of Applied Template System)

Please indicate the major/minor version numbers for the released .jar file.
I installed the latest Community version (ideaC) and the release jar file could not work
with it.

Brandon Barker

Jan 8, 2015, 9:06:44 PM1/8/15
to ats-lang-users
Thanks for spotting these. As to the latter, I just tried it on linux, with the same exact version as on windows, and it also is not working for me. Will continue to investigate.

Brandon Barker

Jan 8, 2015, 9:10:13 PM1/8/15
to ats-lang-users
I think the problem is that you need Java 8. Will confirm shortly.
--
Brandon Barker
brandon...@gmail.com

Brandon Barker

Jan 8, 2015, 9:19:10 PM1/8/15
to ats-lang-users
This will do the trick:

brandon@brandon-OEM ~/Downloads $ export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_25
brandon@brandon-OEM ~/Downloads $ cd ~/idea-bin/bin/
brandon@brandon-OEM ~/idea-bin/bin $ ./idea.sh

I made a note on the release page.

--
Brandon Barker
brandon...@gmail.com

Hongwei Xi

Jan 8, 2015, 9:21:47 PM1/8/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
Well, I can use Idea under Java 7. I guess it is your plugin that needs Java 8.
May be you could re-compile using Java 7. Many of us have not marched to  Java 8 yet :)

Brandon Barker

Jan 8, 2015, 9:36:39 PM1/8/15
to ats-lang-users
I suppose it is the path of least resistance. I went ahead and did a new release to correct the typo as well.

gmhwxi

Jan 8, 2015, 9:59:55 PM1/8/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com

Thanks. I could now use it.

Now I am waiting for the support of compiling ATS files under IntelliJ :)

Brandon Barker

Jan 8, 2015, 10:25:59 PM1/8/15
to ats-lang-users
Well, I suppose this is cheating *slightly*, but you can do it (in Linux and probably OS X) if you use a gradle file as per your example. This one seems to work:

I will have to look to see how the Cpptools plugin works with make files.

Mark Lemay

May 4, 2017, 2:53:17 PM5/4/17
to ats-lang-users
Hi Brandon,

I'm hoping to extend your intellijAts plugin before we run a class on ATS in a few weeks.  I'd be interested in any thoughts you have.

Brandon Barker

Mar 7, 2018, 2:16:56 PM3/7/18
to ats-lang-users
Hi Mark,

I'm sorry, I wasn't really seeing e-mails from this list. If you made any progress, I'd love to hear about it.