Bootstraping ATS via OCaml

gmhwxi

Jan 26, 2018, 8:23:01 PM1/26/18
to ats-lang-users

For keeping the record.

I just bootstraped ATS1 (Anairiats) via ATS-geizella (written in OCaml).

This is also a point for me to thank OCaml to get me started :) Actually,
I should thank SML-NJ, too, for I wrote (and learned how to write as well)
the first compiler for DML (Dependent ML).

Cheers!

--Hongwei

aditya siram

Feb 4, 2018, 11:32:27 AM2/4/18
to ats-lang-users
Out of curiosity, why did you move from SML-NJ to OCaml for ATS? Was it some limitation of the language itself or did OCaml just have more community support?

Thanks!

gmhwxi

Feb 4, 2018, 1:06:14 PM2/4/18
to ats-lang-users
I would say that it was just a bit of adventure for myself.

At one point, I hacked Caml-light (which turned into OCaml later).
I built deCaml on top of Caml-light, adding support for DML-style
dependent types.

gmhwxi

Feb 4, 2018, 1:10:28 PM2/4/18
to ats-lang-users