Astrometry.net copyright or credit information?

László Heller

Jun 30, 2022, 4:38:26 PM6/30/22
to astrometry
Hi Dustin!

I am developing my own Android application called Android Plate Solver which is actually a GUI wrapper around your astrometry.net binaries (built from sources for the Android platform) and it calls them in the background.

So far I have the below about screen:
APS_about_screenshot.jpg

My question is, whether is it enough to mention the astrometry.net home page as a credit or copyright information or do I have to add some more info?

BR,

Ladislav

Dustin Lang

Jun 30, 2022, 4:45:59 PM6/30/22
to László Heller, astrometry
This is spelled out in the README and LICENSE files, eg, the README says

Parts of the code written by the Astrometry.net Team are licensed under a 3-clause BSD-style license. See the file LICENSE for the full license text. However, since this code uses libraries licensed under the GNU GPL, the whole work must be distributed under the GPL version 3 or later.

and the LICENSE tells you what you have to do, eg

Assuming you're including the GPL'd parts, then also must obey the terms of the GPL v3.  This will probably be helpful:

cheers,
dustin