WCS by DS9

Mohamed Talafha

May 18, 2022, 7:37:51 AM5/18/22
to astrometry
Hi All
i failed to use the WCS.fits result image from Astrometry.net to drop it in SAOImageDS9 software  , it was work but now it is not .
I want to use the WCS coordinate on DS9 to show up the coordinate lines like the image attached ....
any reason or help ??

thank you All
regards

84975429_227436251754929_4992285928341897216_n.jpg

Dustin Lang

May 18, 2022, 9:15:38 AM5/18/22
to Mohamed Talafha, astrometry
Are you using the "new-image.fits" link, or the "wcs.fits" link?  The new-image is your original image with a WCS header added; the wcs file is only the WCS header (no image pixels), and DS9 can't open it.

cheers,
dustin

Mohamed Talafha

May 20, 2022, 12:40:22 AM5/20/22
to astrometry

thank you my friend
in fact, I used both nothing appears, unfortunately, I have been used 2 years ago and doesn't work, I don't know what happened ( new-image. fits)
I will keep trying