Google image.kmz link gives an error...

Roy Costa

Jun 23, 2022, 5:00:02 AM6/23/22
to astrometry
I get this error...
kml generation failed: /bin/sh: 1: /usr/local/bin/wcs2kml: not found /bin/sh: 1: zip: not found

Dustin Lang

Jun 23, 2022, 11:07:55 AM6/23/22
to Roy Costa, astrometry
Try now :)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 5:00 AM Roy Costa <rxc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I get this error...
kml generation failed: /bin/sh: 1: /usr/local/bin/wcs2kml: not found /bin/sh: 1: zip: not found

Roy Costa

Jun 23, 2022, 6:01:46 PM6/23/22
to astrometry
Now it just hangs and doesn't load a page or error page.

Dustin Lang

Jun 23, 2022, 7:58:14 PM6/23/22
to Roy Costa, astrometry
Could you please send the URL of the image whose kmz you're trying to load?
KMZ generation takes a while -- it's running an old tool written by Google.
-dstn

Roy Costa

Jun 25, 2022, 8:29:57 PM6/25/22
to astrometry

Roy Costa

Jun 25, 2022, 8:55:37 PM6/25/22
to astrometry
It seems to save it down instead of opening a link - maybe my not understanding the intent?

Dustin Lang

Jun 26, 2022, 8:07:25 AM6/26/22
to Roy Costa, astrometry
That's what it's supposed to do - it's a file that you can load into the Google Sky desktop app.

Dustin Lang

Jun 26, 2022, 8:07:55 AM6/26/22
to Roy Costa, astrometry
(uh, I mean "Google Earth", but in 'sky' mode)