run_engine failed

Toni Šarić

Jun 10, 2022, 3:15:15 AM6/10/22
to astrometry
Anyone familiar with this error?
solve-field.c:518:run_engine engine failed. Command that failed was: /miniconda3/envs/astrometry/bin/astrometry-engine /tmp/tmp.axy.VyEt1b ioutils.c:558:run_command_get_outputs Command was killed by signal 13

Dustin Lang

Jun 10, 2022, 7:52:39 AM6/10/22
to Toni Šarić, astrometry
Hi,

Signal 13 = SIGPIPE.  Not sure why or when that would happen.  Can you please re-run solve-field, adding a "-v" and sending the whole log?

thanks,
dustin

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 3:15 AM Toni Šarić <tonis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone familiar with this error?
solve-field.c:518:run_engine engine failed. Command that failed was: /miniconda3/envs/astrometry/bin/astrometry-engine /tmp/tmp.axy.VyEt1b ioutils.c:558:run_command_get_outputs Command was killed by signal 13

Dustin Lang

Jun 10, 2022, 7:53:00 AM6/10/22
to Toni Šarić, astrometry
(probably one of the programs that solve-field is trying to run is failing, but that's just a guess)

Toni Šarić

Jun 10, 2022, 6:14:53 PM6/10/22
to astrometry
Thanks, Dustin,

the output is attached. Fun thing, astrometry.net works flawlessly, even for a large number of images at the same time(in a loop), but this time I tried to solve around 2000 images, and it failed near the end, but not always at the same image. So maybe, there is some problem.
I attached the output, for the last image astrometry.net tried to solve(I think it is the last).

BR
Toni
astrometry_killed.txt

Dustin Lang

Jun 13, 2022, 8:08:03 AM6/13/22
to Toni Šarić, astrometry
I don't see an error reported for this image though!