Fwd: End some licenses, panel recommends (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette), Dec 26, 2020

Rumsey, Bill

Dec 28, 2020, 11:28:43 AM12/28/20
to <arkansaslifesafety@googlegroups.com>

Captain William Rumsey
Deputy Fire Marshal
RFD CRRD

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marty OnTheHill <ma...@vscfire.com>
Date: December 28, 2020 at 09:09:34 CST
To: "Rumsey, Bill" <wru...@rogersar.gov>
Subject: FW: End some licenses, panel recommends (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette), Dec 26, 2020

FYI

​Marty Onthehill
 ​|
​VP/Division Manager ‑ Fire Sprinkler
VSC Fire & Security
1315 North 13th Street
Rogers
AR

72756
ma...@vscfire.com  |
vscfire.com
479‑986‑9090 Office

479-381-0219 Cell

479-986-9091 Fax
Arkansas Automatic Sprinklers|United Fire Suppression is now doing business as VSC Fire & Security.
​Please take note of our new email addresses.  All other contact information remains unchanged.

Dec 28, 2020, 11:43:26 AM12/28/20
to arkansasl...@googlegroups.com
Count me in for any help. It’s bad enough they raised the $20k bid mark to $50k, but removing background and testing is just plain wrong. Unqualified subs and employees is what this will do to the public.

Kelly Walker
NICET IV / RCDD
Absolute Security, Fire & Design

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 28, 2020, at 10:28 AM, Rumsey, Bill <wru...@rogersar.gov> wrote:

Captain William Rumsey
Deputy Fire Marshal
RFD CRRD

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marty OnTheHill <ma...@vscfire.com>
Date: December 28, 2020 at 09:09:34 CST
To: "Rumsey, Bill" <wru...@rogersar.gov>

FYI

<image001.jpg>
6 Collins Industrial Place

N Little Rock, AR 72113

501-812-0828 - Ph

501-517-7577 - C

broa...@abcark.org

We appreciate your involvement. What this will allow is licensed contractors to hire cheap sub labor. Our life saving industry requires qualified, seasoned veteran, licensed pipe fitters, not fly by night trunk slammers. Anything we can do to help, let us know.

Best regards,

<image002.jpg>

Rick Reynolds, SET

Dec 28, 2020, 11:54:14 AM12/28/20
to arkansasl...@googlegroups.com
Dido Kelly we have work too hard over the years to get quality from all contractors which comes through licensing and training of every individual we do not need to go backwards.

Whatever we need to do to help let us know.

Rick Reynolds, SET
Electronic Systems Manager
Dunk Fire & Security
3446 Wagon Wheel Road
Springdale, AR 72762
rick.r...@dunkfire.com
P. (479)750-1833
F. (479)750-1465
M.(479)586-2913
www.dunkfire.com
NICET IV Certification # 113255
Please use my new E-mail address listed above

AR Alarm LIC: E 05-046●Regulated by the Arkansas Board of Private Investigators and Private Security Agencies●1 State Police Plaza Drive●Little Rock●AR● 72209● 501-618-8600. AR Fire Suppression License # FFS-085; OK Fire Alarm License #1690.
This email, and any attachments contained in this message is for the intended recipient(s) only, may be privileged, confidential, protected and/or proprietary. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Dunk Fire & Security at 479-750-1833 immediately and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.

David McClure

Dec 28, 2020, 1:21:06 PM12/28/20
to arkansasl...@googlegroups.com

Licensed and trained individuals should be a standard that remains in this industry.  Why someone would not want individuals that represent

their company licensed/trained/verified is beyond me.  We should unite together for higher standards, for the consumers, and the communities in which we live.

Let me know how we can help

David McClure | President

1721 S. 42nd Street

Rogers, AR 72758

dmcc...@sos-alarms.com

Nicet IV

Office:  (479) 636-0590

Cell: (479) 530-2907

Regulated by Arkansas board of Private Investigators and Private Security Agencies, 1 State Police Plaza Drive, Little Rock, AR 72209 (501) 618-8600 Lic. # E-2010-0069

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Kelly Walker

Dec 28, 2020, 1:28:36 PM12/28/20
to arkansasl...@googlegroups.com

I just spoke with Rep. Bruce Cozart, and the bill is only for pipefitters, not alarm techs, ect. However, I think in the life safety industry, we should all form a united front and keep background and qualifications in as a requirement.

Kelly Walker