Elasticsearch issue

Daniel DelViscio

May 16, 2019, 2:44:59 PM5/16/19
to archivematica
Hello,

This is my first time posing a question in this group, but I'm slowly working towards getting an stable installation of Archivematica. My question is in regards to a problem I believe I'm having with Elasticsearch. Archivematica was not installed initially with Elasticsearch feature and was later added. When it comes time to create a SIP in transfer tab my dashboard does not give me the option in the drop down for "send to backlog" to send my ingested record to the backlog tab in order to be appraised. I was able to find that, if Archivematica is working in indexless mode then the "send to backlog" option does not appear, but I can still see backlog and appraisal tabs (which appears only if Elasticsearch is installed). If anyone can shed some light on remedying this issue I would really appreciate it as I am not an adept IT professional.

Thanks,
Dan

Murilo Souza dos Santos

May 11, 2022, 5:03:00 PM5/11/22
to archivematica
 I'm currently having the same problem. But I already installed Archivematica with ElasticSearch feature. The "send to backlog" option does not appear. Did you manage to solve it? How?
Cheers,
Murilo.

Sarah Romkey

May 12, 2022, 9:19:00 AM5/12/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Hello Murilo,

Two questions:

1. Can you access the Backlog, Appraisal and Archival Storage tabs? Just asking as a way of double checking that Elasticsearch is installed and enabled.

2. When you say you do not see the "Send to backlog" options do you mean it's not giving you that option during processing, or you can't see it in the processing configuration? First thing I would do is go to the Processing Configuration (under Administration, and then click "edit" for whichever one you are using) and see if it's been pre-configured there. Possibly it's set to "Create SIP and continue processing" so you're just not seeing the option while processing a transfer.

Hope that helps,

Sarah

Sarah Romkey, MAS,MLIS
Archivematica Program Manager
@archivematica / @accesstomemory

Murilo Souza dos Santos

May 12, 2022, 10:01:01 AM5/12/22
to archivematica
Hello Sara,
Thank you for your help.
1. Yes, the Backlogs, Apraisal and Archive Storage tabs are visible and besides, I already checked in the sysconfig of the dashboard and in the parameter ARCHIVEMATICA_DASHBOARD_DASHBOARD_SEARCH_ENABLED=true.
2. I can't see the "send to backlog" option even in the processing configuration. Only appears: "none" and "create single SIP and continue".
Any idea?

Murilo.

Sarah Romkey

May 16, 2022, 10:26:51 AM5/16/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That is a behaviour I haven't seen before. Given the previous post by Dan, I wonder if you did at one point have Elasticsearch disabled and maybe this is a bug with that configuration. We don't test that configuration (particularly, disabling ES and then re-enabling it) so it's very possible that this is a bug. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Sarah Romkey, MAS,MLIS
Archivematica Program Manager
@archivematica / @accesstomemory

Murilo Souza dos Santos

May 23, 2022, 10:51:42 AM5/23/22
to archivematica
I don't know what caused this, but the problem persisted even after two reinstallations. Fortunately, in version 1.12 this did not happen. So I'm using it.
Thanks, Sarah.
Message has been deleted