AM Dashboard takes 1-2 hours to connect to MCP Server after restart

arif....@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2022, 1:55:35 AM10/16/22
to archivematica
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing this strange issue with AM - every time I restart AM dashboard, mcp-client, mcp-server, and storage-service (in this order), the dashboard takes around 2 hours (sometimes a bit less), showing "Error trying to connect to MCP server. Trying again... " before the "Connected" message appears on the Web UI.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Arif

Justin Simpson

Oct 16, 2022, 7:03:39 AM10/16/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
The order you are restarting services in might be the problem.

The documentation lists the order you should follow:
gearmand
archivematica-mcp-server
archivematica-mcp-client
archivematica-dashboard
archivematica-storage-service

arif....@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2022, 1:42:54 AM10/18/22
to archivematica
Hi Justin,

That worked!  Not sure how I missed that.
Thanks for your help.

Best
Arif