Initial installation - getting .pbf - st_asmvtgeom() does not exist error

Kuba Łobodecki

Jul 24, 2020, 5:11:59 PM7/24/20
to Arches Project
Hello,
I have another problem with initial arches installation.

After adding a resource and displaying that in the search panel the shape layer is not showed on the map box.
In browser console it is showed as errors in downloading /mvt/#####.pbf files.

Error states that function st_asmvtgeom(geometry, geometry) does not exist probably there is something wrong with arguments types. Maybe some libraries incompatibility?
I am on Ubuntu 16.04 and already checked that PostgreSQL, Postgis, GDAL are in proper versions.

I will be very grateful for any hint what can be wrong.

Adnotacja 2020-07-24 230429.png

Best regards,
Kuba

Angela Labrador

Jul 28, 2020, 11:11:52 AM7/28/20
to Arches Project
Hi Kuba,

I have not encountered this error before, but I believe this function is part of PostGIS. Do you get any errors in your console when you go to the /search page and view your map? Is it just an error with this one resource or with all? If you trigger the error again, can you send a full screenshot of the gray traceback area?

Thanks,
Angela

Kuba Łobodecki

Aug 1, 2020, 5:13:50 PM8/1/20
to Arches Project
Hi Angela,
thank you for your answer.

In the meantime I encountered another problem "MapboxGeocoder is not a constructor" in map.js file. I fixed that by changing version of @mapbox/mapbox-gl-geocoder in package.json from "^4.4.0" to "4.4.0" and running 'yarn install' - it looks like newest version 4.6.0 cause some problem (maybe difference in importing method).

Returning to the thread topic - I attach file with full error log.
In console I see that it is http 500 - Internal server error.

In server log only addition is information that error is thrown by psycopg2.errors.UndefinedFunction.
And yes - it is with all resources and many .pbf files at once.

Best regards,
Kuba
ProgrammingError at _mvt_.html

Asaf Kali

Aug 18, 2020, 1:20:35 PM8/18/20
to Arches Project
Hi,
Were you able to solve this issue?

Thanks

Kuba Łobodecki

Aug 18, 2020, 1:32:02 PM8/18/20
to Arches Project
Unfortunately not yet.
Angela, can you take a look at error traceback?
Thanks

Adam Cox

Aug 18, 2020, 1:40:40 PM8/18/20
to Kuba Łobodecki, Arches Project
Hey all, it looks like this is an issue with the Postgres/PostGIS installation. Can you check what versions you have of that software and extension? As the Arches documentation states, you need to use Postgres 12 with PostGIS 3. The function that the original error message mentioned (st_asmvtgeom) only became available in PostGIS 3.

Adam

Asaf Kali

Aug 18, 2020, 2:51:32 PM8/18/20
to Arches Project
  1. "SELECT version();" resulted with "PostgreSQL 12.3 ...."
  2. "SELECT PostGIS_Version();" resulted with "3.0 USE_GEOS=1 USE_PROJ=1 USE_STATS=1".
Just to be clear, my issue was with the "MapboxGeocoder is not a constructor" issue.
After messing a bit with the javascript files in the project (and reverting my changes), and changing "@mapbox/mapbox-gl-geocoder" to "4.4.0", it is gone  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kuba Łobodecki

Aug 18, 2020, 4:04:24 PM8/18/20
to Arches Project
Ok, so I am still the only one with st_asmvtgeom problem.

As I mentioned in the first post Postgres and Postgis are in proper versions.
Dependencies installed with installation script which states versions directly:

Kuba Łobodecki

Aug 25, 2020, 12:41:35 PM8/25/20
to Arches Project
Problem solved!
Finally that actually was a problem with posgresql version. :(
There was another version installed in the same time and that second was working on the default port.
I deleted everything connected with the old one and change the server port in posgresql 12 config.

Thanks everyone for help!

Adam Cox

Aug 25, 2020, 12:47:27 PM8/25/20
to Kuba Łobodecki, Arches Project
Ah, good work figuring that out. Those phantom installations can be very tricky to track down.