Kubernetes Support

Phil Weir

Jun 22, 2020, 1:47:11 PM6/22/20
to arches...@googlegroups.com
Hello from Belfast,

Just to reach out - one for infrastructure folks, (posting here rather than arches-dev, as it's likely of particular relevance to teams deploying Arches, as much as on the development side).

We have been working on adapting the Arches 5.0 docker setup to Kubernetes, and made progress. Is anybody else actively looking at this themselves, and/or interested in collaborating on Helm charts?

With best wishes
Phil Weir

This email was sent from Flax & Teal Limited, a company registered in NI, with number NI617545
at Farset Labs, Weavers Court, Linfield Industrial Estate, Linfield Road, Belfast, BT12 5GH
Flax & Teal is a member of the Avata Industries business syndicate

Alina Myklebust

Jun 26, 2020, 9:20:12 PM6/26/20
to Phil Weir, arches...@googlegroups.com

Hi Phil,

Nice to hear from you here!  In case this post was missed by others, hopefully someone here with Kubernetes experience will chime in.  Cross-posting this to the arches-dev group is also a good idea.

Best,

Alina

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the Getty. Do not click links or open attachments unless you verify the sender and know the content is safe.

Phil Weir

Jul 4, 2020, 5:57:20 AM7/4/20
to Alina Myklebust, arches...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alina,

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 2:20 AM Alina Myklebust <AMykl...@getty.edu> wrote:

Hi Phil,

Nice to hear from you here!  In case this post was missed by others, hopefully someone here with Kubernetes experience will chime in.  Cross-posting this to the arches-dev group is also a good idea.

Thank you and thanks for highlighting this! Yes - that'd be great - keen to make sure we don't duplicate any efforts.

In any case, we are still working away here, so will feed back progress and repositories as we test!

All the best,
Phil

Dennis Wuthrich

Jul 6, 2020, 6:24:44 PM7/6/20
to Arches Project
Hi Phil,

We're very interested in your work with Kubernetes/Helm and Arches.  We don't have tons of experience with Kubernetes yet, so not sure how directly we can contribute.  Perhaps testing?  Please let us know if you have any specific ideas about how we may be helpful.

Cheers,

Dennis

Phil Weir

Jul 8, 2020, 7:50:39 PM7/8/20
to Dennis Wuthrich, Arches Project
Great! Thanks, Dennis (apologies, missed Reply All). Will do a bit more tidying up then, and, yes, testing it out would be very helpful please.

Also, there are considerations around architecture design/deployment that would be good to get input on, to decide the most appropriate Kubernetes approaches before going too far - but for the moment, I'd be keen to get a bare-bones testable version up and take it from there.

With best wishes
Phil

Dennis Wuthrich

Jul 11, 2020, 5:43:02 PM7/11/20
to Arches Project
Phil,

We'd be happy to have a discussion (perhaps in the developer channel) on your design/deployment considerations.  Maybe the way to start a thread on architecture and deployment would be for you to post your ideas (and concerns, if any)?

Cheers,

Dennis

Phil Weir

Jul 11, 2020, 10:40:35 PM7/11/20
to Dennis Wuthrich, Arches Project
Hi Dennis,

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 10:43 PM Dennis Wuthrich <dwut...@fargeo.com> wrote:
Phil,

We'd be happy to have a discussion (perhaps in the developer channel) on your design/deployment considerations.  Maybe the way to start a thread on architecture and deployment would be for you to post your ideas (and concerns, if any)?

That sounds good - yes, let's pick up there - I've put a little more info on a post in arches-dev (https://groups.google.com/g/arches-dev/c/YGXhG3wKMgs/m/QLFNpizOAwAJ) so we can take a thread off that, if that works. No particular concerns, but will dig in further first and put thoughts in text shortly!

All the best,
Phil