footnote plugin in Richtext field

Ashish Karmacharya

May 22, 2020, 7:38:54 AM5/22/20
to Arches Project
Dear all,

I wanted to add footnotes on the ckeditor rich-text field. There is
already a plugin that can be added but not sure how that could be done
in Arches platform. Does anyone has idea how to extend ckeditor plugins
in Arches?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ashish

Angela Labrador

May 23, 2020, 6:53:21 PM5/23/20
to Arches Project
Hi Ashish,

Since ckeditor is a package installed by yarn during the Arches installation process, I would recommend installing a separate copy of it in media/js/ (so you don't edit the version in media/packages, which is managed by yarn).

Install your ckeditor plugins following their documentation, including editing the config.js file for your custom ckeditor. (Don't forget to run your collectstatic command after doing this.)

Then you'll have to edit the javascript.htm template (make your own copy of it in your project dir -- don't edit the one in the main arches/ directory) to load ckeditor from your media/js/ location rather than from packages.

This should be enough to swap out the default Arches ckeditor with your own custom one, but if you find that you need to add options directly to the rich text widget, you'd have to copy over templates/views/components/widgets/rich-text.htm and make your edit to the ckeditor options call there.

Hope this helps!
Angela

Ashish Karmacharya

Jun 12, 2020, 6:24:38 AM6/12/20
to Arches Project
Hello all,

I want to open new tab when the user clicks on Search icon on report. I
could not find exact place to introduce the tag required. Could someone
suggest please.