Editing a Resource node after data entry

Brendon Bangert

May 18, 2020, 1:17:49 PM5/18/20
to Arches Project
Howdy Arches Users,

Another week another question. Our dev team is wondering if there is a workaround for editing branches/nodes that have already had data entry created. We have noticed that after we start entering data, but wish to edit a branch, we can either 1. not edit the branch, or 2. branch edits, do not push/update on the resource model the at has received data entry. Currently we are having to purge data in order to change the desired branch. If there is a backend workflow or a more proper solution I this would save us some time when attempting to update our resource models. If there is any clarification or photographic documentation needed to keep this conversation going I would be more than happy to provide.

Thanks,
Brendon

Angela Labrador

May 20, 2020, 9:59:26 AM5/20/20
to Arches Project
Hi Brendon,

This should allow you to edit your resource model midstream (with caution).

It would be nice to have a management tool that exports business data and prepares an import with the new mapping with the new node value set to null (or a default value) for a fresh import into the new/revised resource model. (You can do this manually right now, but it would be nice to automate.) I think that would probably be the more "proper way" than adding new nodes on a live data set.

Hope this helps,
Angela

Brendon Bangert

May 20, 2020, 10:18:38 AM5/20/20
to Arches Project
Howdy Angela,

Thank you for the forum link, I will push this off to rest of our senior development team and do some testing. This helps loads really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brendon