Errored-out Search Engine

Brendon Bangert

Apr 15, 2020, 2:41:15 PM4/15/20
to Arches Project
*

Howdy Arches Developers,

Another week means a new question I have! This week we are currently running into the issue where our search engine is producing the following errors and doesn't enable us to do any actual searching whatsoever. If anyone has had a similar error or know of a resource we can reference to fix this it would be much appreciated!
Error.PNG

If there is any additional documentation that is needed I would be more than happy to provide.

Thanks,
Brendon

Angela Labrador

Apr 15, 2020, 3:41:54 PM4/15/20
to Arches Project
Hi Brendon,

Is Elasticsearch running? That is usually my first question when I get search errors. If you have command line access to the server running elasticsearch you can quickly test by:
curl localhost:9200

If it's running you'll get something like:
{

"name" : "localhost",

"cluster_name" : "elasticsearch",

"cluster_uuid" : "DoZwos0YR26WsHSZYO4O2A",

"version" : {

"number" : "7.2.0",

"build_flavor" : "default",

"build_type" : "tar",

"build_hash" : "508c38a",

"build_date" : "2019-06-20T15:54:18.811730Z",

"build_snapshot" : false,

"lucene_version" : "8.0.0",

"minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",

"minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"

},

"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

If this isn't the issue -- do you see any errors in your console? (in Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + i to open the developer tools and click on the Console tab)

Angela