Overlays using MapBox

Maritza Reyes

Jan 25, 2021, 7:29:18 PM1/25/21
to Arches Project
Hello,

I am very new to Arches, but have pretty good experience with MapBox.

I understand that Arches allows you to make references to styles or layers that have bee previously defined in MapBox Studio. However, is there a way to change the icon/marker to a customized one from a "Search Results" overlay? I feel like there is some marker library that the overlay references. I'm not sure if I would have to add that marker to that library as a svg, or if the marker can be referenced through an API created in MapBox. If it is through an API, I already created one and calls the marker that I need. But I'm not sure where in the Service Styling editor can the API be referenced.

Thank you,
Maritza

Lindsey Gant

Feb 3, 2021, 6:21:14 PM2/3/21
to Arches Project
Hello and welcome to the Arches Project, Maritza! We are happy to have you here. I see that your question has not been answered yet. Let me see if I can find more information for you and I will get back to you shortly.

All best,
Lindsey Gant
Getty Conservation Institute, Arches

Maritza Reyes

Feb 4, 2021, 1:44:31 PM2/4/21
to Arches Project
Great, thank you!

Maritza

Cyrus Hiatt

Feb 4, 2021, 3:18:57 PM2/4/21
to Arches Project
Hi Maritza,

I just wanted to make sure that what Dennis suggested during the stand-up today made it into this thread - just in case anyone else has a similar question in the future. Basically he suggested that you modify the layer style in `Map Layer Manager > Overlays > Service Styling(advanced).

You may have to modify the default sprite URL in Arches to use the marker that you want. I looked into it and you can customize that in your project's settings_local.py file by adding the MAPBOX_SPRITES setting. The default in core Arches is: MAPBOX_SPRITES = "mapbox://sprites/mapbox/basic-v9"

Hope that helps,

Cyrus

Maritza Reyes

Feb 8, 2021, 11:18:33 AM2/8/21
to Cyrus Hiatt, Arches Project
Hi Cyrus,

Thank you for your reply. My colleague mentioned that she does not have a MapBox setting in her settings.py or settings-local.py. She will try to add one and I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Maritza