New Member Introduction

Paul Robbins

Jun 28, 2017, 6:31:01 PM6/28/17
to Arch Reactor
Hi Everyone, I just joined as a Supporting Member and figured I'd introduce myself!  I'm a professional Java (haters gonna hate) Developer by day and...well...just me by night I guess.  I don't know many tricks but will usually respond to "sit" if offered a beer.  I've been coding for about 6 years, mostly in Java but I started out doing Python and JavaScript, although I have forgotten most of it.  At home I do a bit of coding and tinkering with Raspberry Pis but I've really been wanting to step my Maker game up recently.  I don't have any specific projects in mind at the moment but would love to come by and help someone out with an ongoing project or learn from what others are doing.  In my free time I mostly play board games and Magic: The Gathering with my friends.  I guess that's about it.  I haven't actually been by the space yet but I'm a lazy millennial and won't leave my house to do something unless I've already spent money on it, hence the premature membership.  I will stop by in the next week or two just to check things out and say hi.

Nathan Schrenk

Jun 28, 2017, 8:09:26 PM6/28/17
to Arch Reactor
Welcome, Paul!

You'll find people at the space on Tuesday and Sunday nights, as well as other times when classes or events are scheduled. See you around!

Nathan

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Paul Robbins <pjrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

eAddict

Jun 29, 2017, 11:08:28 AM6/29/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the group!  I am a sort of new person myself.  I am sure once you get out and see the things available your mind will start rolling with ideas for projects.  Everyone there is super helpful and willing to chip in.  I have also not heard any issues about sticking my nose in other folks projects/work in order to learn new things.

Hope to see you there some evening!

mmir...@hazelwoodschools.org

Jun 29, 2017, 1:58:21 PM6/29/17
to Arch Reactor
Welcome! Come down. We have fun and beer.