Internet service down

Nathan Schrenk

Mar 14, 2022, 12:37:21 PM3/14/22
to Arch Reactor
Hi Arch Reactor,

I'm not sure who the appropriate IT contact is at Arch Reactor these days, hence emailing to this list. I'm consulting for Elite Fiber, the ISP that provides service to Arch Reactor, and our monitoring system shows that we lost connectivity to the radio on Arch Reactor's roof around 9:58am today and it hasn't come back.

If the building is not experiencing a power outage or the radio is not down for some other reason known to you, and you'd like us to investigate why the radio is offline, please let us know.

Nathan Schrenk
Elite Fiber

Robert Ward

Mar 14, 2022, 12:41:56 PM3/14/22
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I got in contact with Nathan off list, I'll keep everyone posted here on what we find.

Derek Sigler

Mar 14, 2022, 12:50:44 PM3/14/22
to Arch Reactor
I'll swing by on my way home tonight and check.  Thanks for the update.

Derek Sigler

Mar 14, 2022, 6:46:44 PM3/14/22
to 'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor, nsch...@elitefiber.net, Archreactor Webmaster
I only had about 15 minutes to check things.  The building does have power.  Everything is up but the internet.  I thought the antenna was routed down the elevator shaft.  However I could not find it.  Anyone remember how it was installed?  I didn't have time to go on top the roof.  At worst I'll go up there tomorrow before the meeting.
Thanks,
Derek

Robert Ward

Mar 15, 2022, 12:47:20 PM3/15/22
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, Archreactor Webmaster, nsch...@elitefiber.net
Thanks to Nathan, the internet is back up at the space.  There was apparently some new interference on the channel we were previously using, but switching to a new channel fixed the issue right away.

Ann Johnson

Mar 15, 2022, 1:06:54 PM3/15/22
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, Archreactor Webmaster, nsch...@elitefiber.net
Thank you Nathan, and everyone who worked to fix this!