the "Space Switch"

Frank Kallal

Oct 27, 2020, 3:18:27 AM10/27/20
to Arch Reactor
Hey all..

Noticed the space Switch isn't currently working.  I tried Rebooting it, and still no Go.. :) that's the extent of my knowledge on it.  Is it broken?

Frank

Chris Weiss

Oct 27, 2020, 11:17:14 AM10/27/20
to Arch Reactor
make sure the ethernet is plugged in all the way, that plug likes to get just loose enough that data doesn't work but power does

Derek Sigler

Oct 27, 2020, 12:04:23 PM10/27/20
to Arch Reactor
It's something larger than that.  Something website related.  It stopped working in March.

Chris Weiss

Oct 27, 2020, 12:42:42 PM10/27/20
to Arch Reactor
it didn't "stop working", it was disabled.  I enabled it in june, but someone had FUBARd the web server permissions.  I had fixed some of it, but Josh ever responded. about the rest

I just hit the same URL the switch uses and the website is fine.  maybe something got messed up with the VLANS or firewall?

Bob Watson

Oct 27, 2020, 11:42:25 PM10/27/20
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can probably fix it or tell if it’s done for,  I have about 25 years of experience designing and deploying large scale networks.

If a member with credentials wants to meet me after work tomorrow

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 2:18 AM Frank Kallal <fr...@kallal.net> wrote:

Chris Weiss

Jul 9, 2021, 3:05:15 PM7/9/21
to Arch Reactor
Diagnosed, the issue is the ethernet plug that goes into the switch.  I didn't bring a crimper with me.  Colors are non-standard, so make note of the positions if you redo it.