Advert being partially replicated at top of callsign list

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Aug 10, 2022, 3:06:00 PM8/10/22
to aprs.fi
Over the last few days I have noticed that the advert at the bottom of the righthand panel is being partially replicated over the top of the callsign list in the panel, hiding important info!
I have tried clearing caches and various restarts and different machines also its happening in Chrome, Firefox, Edge all the same :-(

Heikki Hannikainen

Aug 10, 2022, 3:10:00 PM8/10/22
to aprs.fi
On Wed, 10 Aug 2022, Geoff Mather - g8dhe wrote:

> Over the last few days I have noticed that the advert at the bottom of
> the righthand panel is being partially replicated over the top of the
> callsign list in the panel, hiding important info!I have tried clearing
> caches and various restarts and different machines also its happening in
> Chrome, Firefox, Edge all the same :-(

Interesting. It's not happening to me with Chrome or Firefox.

Can you share a screenshot? And an URL to aprs.fi when it happens so I can
try the same view?

- Hessu

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Aug 11, 2022, 8:46:52 AM8/11/22
to aprs.fi
OK no problem here is a Video screen grab on Youtube of the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEhYNUWOMaE

John Harper

Aug 12, 2022, 2:35:05 AM8/12/22
to aprs.fi

Hi,

I see the same problem here in Oz. using both Edge and/or Chrome.

John

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Aug 18, 2022, 5:01:33 PM8/18/22
to aprs.fi
Is there any other information I can provide its still doing at present?
I wonder if everyone is seeing it or only a subset of use ?

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Sep 5, 2022, 6:00:35 AM9/5/22
to aprs.fi
Is no one else suffering the same problem, other than us two ?
Its impossible to see the top entry of the station lists :-(

Marty Glapa

Sep 6, 2022, 1:01:32 PM9/6/22
to aprs.fi
I see it too on Chrome.

I also see something that I think is new - when I search for my call sign (track call sign, search), WT0Z, the map displays my location, but the upper right corner of the map screen says  Current position of WT0Z is not known.

Marty

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Nov 28, 2022, 4:29:43 AM11/28/22
to aprs.fi
Is there some reason this problem can't be resolved ?
The advert isn't being shown in the correct position at the top right, but overlays the first entry in the list obliterating the information :-(
Is any more information needed ?
The YouTube video shows what is happening, at least one other person is reporting the problem as well.

N1QVE

Dec 6, 2022, 3:01:23 AM12/6/22
to aprs.fi
Same problem here in New England, Firefox and Chrome.

Charles Webb

Dec 10, 2022, 5:57:18 PM12/10/22
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I've had this same issue for several weeks- Very aggravating trying to get latest checkin on balloons
CW
KN4KWA

Heikki Hannikainen

Jan 4, 2023, 6:22:44 PM1/4/23
to aprs.fi
On Sun, 27 Nov 2022, Geoff Mather - g8dhe wrote:

> Is there some reason this problem can't be resolved ?  The advert isn't
> being shown in the correct position at the top right, but overlays the
> first entry in the list obliterating the information :-(

Hi,

Earlier it was diagnosed that this problem only happens on Windows. On my
Mac and Linux computers the advertisement was positioned correctly, with
all of the browsers I have (Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Safari). So it
seems to be a problem of Windows. I don't have a Windows computer - I gave
up on them in the late 90's as they were having all sort of weird problems
like this.

Could you perhaps ask Microsoft to fix it? Or use a Linux or Mac computer
instead, it'd be easier for me?

Alright, that's the reply I sort of *wanted* to post all the time, but
obviously, not the one I can leave you with. :)

Usually when some sort of adjustments to the layout or web frontend code
are made, it works for everyone else, but fails on one of Microsoft's
browsers, or like in this case, all Windows computers with all browsers.
Other platforms work more consistently.

So booted up a borrowed a Windows laptop and adjusted the layout
dimensions a bit to make the placement better on that platform which keeps
haunting me even though I stopped using it about 25 years ago.

Please try again, I hope it works now.

- Hessu

Don Rolph

Jan 4, 2023, 6:53:11 PM1/4/23
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I am getting this on MACOS using Safari

73,
AB1PH
Don Rolph

Don Rolph

Jan 4, 2023, 6:59:02 PM1/4/23
to apr...@googlegroups.com
This is not occurring on MACOS using Chrome.

Don Rolph

Jan 4, 2023, 6:59:59 PM1/4/23
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Ok it is now cleared on MACOS with Safari.

This has been occurring for weeks.

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Jan 5, 2023, 8:15:03 AM1/5/23
to aprs.fi
Hi Hessu,
Many thanks for sorting it :-)  Its now back in the right place it seems for all OS's and Browsers!
Thanks for sticking with us ;-)

David W Mitchell

Jan 11, 2023, 3:52:08 PM1/11/23
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much... I was having the very same issue!
I love your software. I DO have a Red hat Fedora Linux computer standing by. I need to study to be upgrade my amateur license class to General and Extra. Then I can start in on Linux, Raspberries, and "Arduous Duinos". I was an IT guy for 20 years but left the coding to our developers that made much more money than I.