This is idiocy

Steve Reid

Jan 27, 2023, 1:43:40 PM1/27/23
to aprs.fi
I spent good money and got an email with a code and the software says I am not email verified. I did absolutely nothing wrong, followed all instructions and got screwed. How in Gods name does one get the software to work when it gives no options to enter a code? Please return my money.

Heikki Hannikainen

Jan 27, 2023, 5:59:36 PM1/27/23
to aprs.fi
Hi, I'm assuming you're emailing about the aprs.fi iPhone app. Not sure
though, since you're not mentioning it, and sometimes people come here
complaining about other software. But please write more kindly next time,
as for such little money I'm not going to take a lot of that.

You're correct, there's no field in the iPhone app to enter the code. The
email contains a link that you can *click* (or tap, if on a mobile device
without a small rodent); it'll open up the aprs.fi web site which will
perform the email address verification just like that. If you already did
that, please confirm (nicely).

Alternatively, if you perform a login on the aprs.fi web site, and the
email address is not verified yet, it'll pop up a form asking for the code
in the email.

If you wish to have a refund for the aprs.fi app, which you purchased from
Apple, please request it from Apple. The instructions are here, and if you
purchased it recently, it usually just goes through, and I get a couple of
€ less the next month, and the app stops running on your device. It's
alright, I don't mind.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

Apple does not give app makers any visibility as to who exactly bought the
app, and there's no way for me to trigger a refund to anyone. Apple is
selling the app and dealing with all of that, I just get a lump sum
transfer at the end of the next month.

- Hessu

Sim Gamer

Jan 27, 2023, 6:52:42 PM1/27/23
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Ummmm... What software? This is the support group for the APRS.FI website.

73 de Chuck K8CPA

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 1:43 PM Steve Reid <st...@idea-cca.com> wrote:
I spent good money and got an email with a code and the software says I am not email verified. I did absolutely nothing wrong, followed all instructions and got screwed. How in Gods name does one get the software to work when it gives no options to enter a code? Please return my money.

Heikki Hannikainen

Jan 27, 2023, 6:59:04 PM1/27/23
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 27 Jan 2023, Sim Gamer wrote:

> Ummmm... What software? This is the support group for the APRS.FI website.

The website, *and* the aprs.fi iPhone/iPad app which I'm selling via the
Apple iTunes store. It's quite tightly integrated to the aprs.fi backend
and runs on the same database.

The email is about the app, I've confirmed it now. It's alright, even
though he's a bit upset, and it is possible that it may be a genuine bug
as well.

- Hessu

Sim Gamer

Jan 29, 2023, 3:07:09 AM1/29/23