Google Ad in sidebar in bad location

David W “O-B-1” Mitchell

Dec 31, 2022, 3:00:47 AM12/31/22
to aprs.fi
Hello, thank you for the add.

My APRS.FI has a Google Ad right in the middle of the sidebar obscuring many of the options. I suspect it is supposed to be located in the blank area under the top of the sidebar, near the "Login" button.

I have tried everything I can think of to get the ad to goaway or at least allow me to minimize or move it to another location.

Anyone else experiencing this annoyance, or had it happen and was successful in moving it or removing it?

Thank you in advance, and 73
KJ7WUZ

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Jan 4, 2023, 4:07:59 PM1/4/23
to aprs.fi
Yes there has been an ongoing thread further down reporting this months ago, nothing has happened to fix it :-(

Daniel Kingshott

Jan 4, 2023, 7:35:41 PM1/4/23
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I think most people these days simply run an adblocker by default.