GoLang versions

Jose Angel Espinoza Portillo

Jul 26, 2019, 1:22:47 AM7/26/19
to AppScale Community
Hi all what are the GoLang versions supported by AppScale?

Chris Donati

Jul 28, 2019, 4:57:24 PM7/28/19
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
The Go runtime installed during the build is based on the 1.9.48 SDK, which uses Go 1.6.3. Though we don't have quite as many automated tests for the Go runtime as we do for the Python and Java runtimes, it probably wouldn't be too much work to upgrade the Go SDK base to a later version if you need it. It looks like the latest SDK uses Go 1.9.4.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 10:22 PM Jose Angel Espinoza Portillo <onlyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all what are the GoLang versions supported by AppScale?

Jose Angel Espinoza Portillo

Jul 29, 2019, 11:34:29 AM7/29/19
to AppScale Community
Intersting by luck it is exactly what I needed.

By the way I am not that good in testing but I can learn and help you guys to progress with the go implementations. ( as I initially help you fixing the golang enviroment, https://github.com/AppScale/appscale/commit/66747e08494a354e8a9e76d35f8138defc52fd11 ), if you have any ideas let me review what I can do.

Chris Donati

Jul 29, 2019, 12:42:29 PM7/29/19
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Just using the software and reporting any issues you see already helps a lot.

If you are interested in submitting a pull request that upgrades the Go SDK, we'd be more than happy to review and merge it. Our installation script downloads the SDK package and installs it here: https://github.com/AppScale/appscale/blob/1ef6e2dfb37e9c63ed3015cc873df5f9a1779b0e/debian/appscale_install_functions.sh#L557-L581

The S3 bucket that the script downloads from is not publicly writable, so we would need to upload the newer SDK package there. However, you can test it beforehand by putting it in /var/cache/appscale. The build script should use that file as the source as long as the name and md5 matches what is in the build script.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 8:34 AM Jose Angel Espinoza Portillo <onlyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Intersting by luck it is exactly what I needed.

By the way I am not that good in testing but I can learn and help you guys to progress with the go implementations. ( as I initially help you fixing the golang enviroment, https://github.com/AppScale/appscale/commit/66747e08494a354e8a9e76d35f8138defc52fd11 ), if you have any ideas let me review what I can do.

Jose Angel Espinoza Portillo

Jul 29, 2019, 12:56:04 PM7/29/19
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com

Good if everything goes right I will be deploying 65 instalation ( I created a blockchain that runs over app engine ) and a client want a network of nodes on-premises I will let you know. Let me start with the issues