404 - On Creating New Application

Amir Hazan

Dec 1, 2021, 11:35:40 AM12/1/21
to Ant Media Server
Unable to create new application with rest API - getting 404 message
"/v2/applications/{appName}"

trying to understand what I'm missing...

Yash Tandon

Dec 1, 2021, 2:22:00 PM12/1/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Amir,
You need to authenticate first to call management Rest API or you can disable the authentication filter.
You can refer below post answered by my colleague.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64444673/ant-media-dashboard-settings-through-rest-api

Regards,
Yash

Amir Hazan

Dec 1, 2021, 3:38:20 PM12/1/21
to Yash Tandon, Ant Media Server

I cant understand, there is no way to do it with the rest API Via postman?

Regards,

Amir

Yash Tandon

Dec 2, 2021, 8:26:11 AM12/2/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Amir
You can disable authentication by commenting out the following lines below from /usr/local/antmedia/webapps/root/WEB-INF/web.xml and you can use IP filtering for accessing the REST API as documented here

   <filter-name>AuthenticationFilter</filter-name>
                <filter-class>io.antmedia.console.rest.AuthenticationFilter</filter-class>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>AuthenticationFilter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/rest/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

After that you can call the management REST API from postman.

Regards,
Yash

Amir Hazan

Dec 2, 2021, 8:28:38 AM12/2/21
to Yash Tandon, Ant Media Server

Ok, thanks!

And after that I can use the API to create or edit applications settings?

Best

Amir Hazan