High CPU and System Memory usage

Russ Emelio

Jun 24, 2020, 12:04:03 PM6/24/20
to Ant Media Server
We are using ant media enterprise edition and have been seeing High CPU usage (peaking at 100%) and high system memory usage at 96% with only 5 streams going. What we're also seeing is that when the stream count is zero the system memory is at 74% and CPU usage doesn't drop and hovers at 96%. Restarting and server does not change this, however if I reboot the server, the baseline CPU usage is 0%, System Memory at about 9% and Java Heap Memory around 4%.

As streams are connected/disconnected system memory goes up but doesn't come down as streams are disconnect. It appears that memory isn't being released properly.

Anyone else experiencing this or anyone have a solution. Can't find much help online for this issue.

Thanks.

Sushruth Sivaramakrishnan

Jun 24, 2020, 2:02:55 PM6/24/20
to Russ Emelio, Ant Media Server
I too am facing this issue with enterprise version, ram just does not reduce even if all streams are closed.

Ant Media

Jun 25, 2020, 2:36:03 AM6/25/20
to ru...@irevomm.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Russ Emelio,
Which version are you using?

PS: Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/
Regards,
Burak Kekec
On Wed, 24 Jun at 7:04 PM , Russ Emelio <ru...@irevomm.com> wrote:
We are using ant media enterprise edition and have been seeing High CPU usage (peaking at 100%) and high system memory usage at 96% with only 5 streams going. What we're also seeing is that when the stream count is zero the system memory is at 74% and CPU usage doesn't drop and hovers at 96%. Restarting and server does not change this, however if I reboot the server, the baseline CPU usage is 0%, System Memory at about 9% and Java Heap Memory around 4%.

As streams are connected/disconnected system memory goes up but doesn't come down as streams are disconnect. It appears that memory isn't being released properly.

Anyone else experiencing this or anyone have a solution. Can't find much help online for this issue.

Thanks.
10852:1264838

Alex Urrutia

Jul 2, 2020, 6:58:44 PM7/2/20
to Ant Media Server
Yes, I am experiencing this as well, I have to restart de machine to solve the issue, any ideas?
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.42.08 PM.png

Ant Media

Jul 3, 2020, 5:09:35 AM7/3/20
to alex...@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex Urrutia,
I wrote for Memory issue but I couldn't see anything about CPU.

PS 1: 2000th instance celebration campaign is ongoing. You still have a chance to join at https://antmedia.io/?add-to-cart=1576&coupon=CELEBRATE-2000-DISCOUNT
PS 2: Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/
Regards,
Burak Kekec