WebRTC does not play via Edge server

Pavel Tsukanov

Jun 8, 2020, 8:10:46 AM6/8/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi

I configured a cluster with origin and edge server
I published via origin server https://{origin_domain}:5443/WebRTCAppEE/  (using the latest chrome browser)

and I am trying to play on edge server (using the latest chrome browser)
https://{edge_domain}:5443/WebRTCAppEE/player.html
but i see black player with the waiter
However i could play HLS via edge
https://{edge_domain}:5443/WebRTCAppEE/play.html?id=cpp_private&playOrder=hls

also i do not see any error in server log

I see a lot of

2020-06-08 11:55:51,434 [vert.x-eventloop-thread-6] INFO  i.a.enterprise.webrtc.WebRTCAdaptor - Client:848999147 for stream cpp_private current video bitrate: 1200000 audio bitrate: 96000 webrtc client target bitrate: 300000
2020-06-08 11:55:55,512 [vert.x-eventloop-thread-5] INFO  i.a.enterprise.webrtc.WebRTCAdaptor - get number of viewers for stream id cpp_private is 1
2020-06-08 11:55:56,429 [network_thread - 5185] INFO  org.webrtc.Logging - Tag:WebRtcAudioTrackExternal - Message:GetPlayoutUnderrunCount
Looks like packets are delivered to client

Any idea?

Thank you
Pavel

Pavel Tsukanov

Jun 8, 2020, 8:16:42 AM6/8/20
to Ant Media Server
I uses Ant Enterprise Edition 2.0 for origin and edge servers

ahmet oguz mermerkaya

Jun 8, 2020, 1:41:27 PM6/8/20
to Ant Media Server
Yeah you're right. Thank you for reporting.

It's resolved in 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT and it'll be released later this month.

Pavel Tsukanov

Jun 8, 2020, 3:29:09 PM6/8/20
to Ant Media Server
I was able to play WebRTC. origin and edge was in single amazon subnet.  I allowed all traffic in the subnet between servers and WebRTC started to work.  Looks like something is wrong with setting of Ant default security group (which was created during installing Ant from AWS marketplace). Do you have more info about it?

ahmet oğuz mermerkaya

Jun 9, 2020, 2:30:02 AM6/9/20
to Pavel Tsukanov, Ant Media Server
In cluster mode, TCP ports should be opened between origin and edge groups.

In default-security group, TCP ports are not open by default. It should be opened in installing a cluster.

Thank you for reporting the issue you're having. Because I think we should do something to make this process easier.

Do you have any idea about that?

Pavel Tsukanov

Jun 9, 2020, 8:26:51 AM6/9/20
to Ant Media Server
I see 2 ways for now
1. Log file must have errors that ports are closed. I did not see this error in logs
2. May be separate adding server to cluster as edge and origin and when you add an edge server to cluster try to check if origin servers are available and show warning with problems
 i.e. sudo ./change_server_mode.sh cluster <MONGODB_SERVER_IP>
change to
sudo ./change_server_mode.sh edge <MONGODB_SERVER_IP> - check edge configuration
sudo ./change_server_mode.sh origin <MONGODB_SERVER_IP> - check origin configuration

By the way
I found undocument value in change_server_mode.sh - USE_GLOBAL_IP - the value works for me. My servers are in different regions in amazon and using this key helped me to connect origin and edge servers in different regions.
Looks like i should not use this way, i think there is another way to connect the servers  via internal network (i have not seen this way yet). but USE_GLOBAL_IP  saved me time.

PS. I have created a prototype for one way live video chatting using Ant. if the prototype will be approved then we will install at least 10 Enterprise instances.

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 3:16:42 PM UTC+3, Pavel Tsukanov wrote:
I uses Ant Enterprise Edition 2.0 for origin and edge servers

Ant Media

Jun 9, 2020, 8:47:32 AM6/9/20
to cpp....@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavel Tsukanov,

can you check and send us what error you get from the console of developer tools in the chrome browser when trying to play webrtc?  Did you open all ports needed:

And did you configure the server according this wiki?

Best Regards,
Can

PS: Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/

, Pavel Tsukanov <cpp....@gmail.com> wrote:
8243:1264838

Pavel Tsukanov

Jun 10, 2020, 6:31:04 AM6/10/20
to Ant Media Server
I already fixed my problem See my answer above

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 3:47:32 PM UTC+3, Ant Media wrote:
Hi Pavel Tsukanov,

can you check and send us what error you get from the console of developer tools in the chrome browser when trying to play webrtc?  Did you open all ports needed:

And did you configure the server according this wiki?

Best Regards,
Can

PS: Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/

On Mon, 8 Jun at 10:29 PM
, Pavel Tsukanov <cpp....@gmail.com> wrote:
I was able to play WebRTC. origin and edge was in single amazon subnet.  I allowed all traffic in the subnet between servers and WebRTC started to work.  Looks like something is wrong with setting of Ant default security group (which was created during installing Ant from AWS marketplace). Do you have more info about it?

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 8:41:27 PM UTC+3, ahmet oguz mermerkaya wrote:
Yeah you're right. Thank you for reporting.

It's resolved in 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT and it'll be released later this month.

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 3:16:42 PM UTC+3, Pavel Tsukanov wrote:
I uses Ant Enterprise Edition 2.0 for origin and edge servers
8243:1264838

Ant Media

Jun 10, 2020, 9:09:34 AM6/10/20
to cpp....@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavel Tsukanov,
 Looks like something is wrong with setting of Ant default security group (which was created during installing Ant from AWS marketplace)

ok I did not receive this part of the ticket. Thank you for reporting this. I will forward this to our system administrator responsible for AWS.
Maybe these ports were not open in the security group because it is not directly configure for cluster mode:
TCP:5000-65000 (You need to open this range in only cluster mode for internal network. It should not be open to public.

Best Regards,
Can

PS: Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/
On Wed, 10 Jun at 1:31 PM