Broadcasting from Android Phone...

Ray Jender

Apr 17, 2020, 11:11:29 AM4/17/20
to Ant Media Server

So when I broadcast from PC, viewing the broadcast with PC or Android cell phone the video looks fine.

But when I broadcast from Android phone and view on PC,  the video is slightly squashed vertically.

How to fix?

Ray

mahmut asım Onat

Apr 17, 2020, 11:40:54 AM4/17/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi Ray,

Can you add a screenshot and console log if possible?

Best,
Asim

Ray Jender

Apr 18, 2020, 8:12:40 AM4/18/20
to Ant Media Server
I attached two screen shot of the live stream:

  • PC-PC is Live Stream originates on PC and I also view it on PC.  It looks good.
  • Android-PC is Live Stream originates on Android phone and I view on PC. Is does not look good.  Also, after a few seconds the Live Stream freezes.
PC.txt is the Firefox Developer Log file.  I don't know why I am not seeing the SDP messaging?
Android-PC.png
PC-PC.png
Andoid Live Stream - View on PC.txt

mahmut asım Onat

Apr 19, 2020, 7:19:55 AM4/19/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

Can you tell me which browser do you use on your phone? I'm going to try recreating the issue using that browser.

Best,
Asim

Ray Jender

Apr 19, 2020, 8:31:23 AM4/19/20
to Ant Media Server
Chrome 80.0.3987.162

mahmut asım Onat

Apr 20, 2020, 7:58:29 AM4/20/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi Ray,

I couldn't figure out why it freezes but I realized you can get shrunk videos if you don't pay attention to CSS. Are you using the default Ant Media Server player, or is it modified? If the same problem happens on /LiveApp/player.html I should think of something else. Please check it and let me know if that's the problem.

Best,
Asim

Ray Jender

Apr 29, 2020, 7:32:42 AM4/29/20