Measure stream latency

Adam Medziński

Aug 3, 2021, 7:25:14 AM8/3/21
to Ant Media Server
Is there an easy way to continuously measure stream latency? We use IP cameras with RTMP Push to Ant Media Server and then WebRTC to the viewers. We need a reliable way to tell how long the delay is in what we see. Ideally, it would be possible to get the percentile from this data later - e.g. for 99% of the time the delay does not exceed 1s.

Ant Media Support

Aug 3, 2021, 11:33:33 AM8/3/21
to ad...@nomagic.ai, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam Medziński,
Hope you are doing well.
--
Best Regards,
Mohit Dubey

Star Ant Media Server on GitHub and get a chance to win an AMS Annual Enterprise Edition License.

On Tue, 3 Aug at 2:25 PM
, Adam Medziński <ad...@nomagic.ai> wrote:
Is there an easy way to continuously measure stream latency? We use IP cameras with RTMP Push to Ant Media Server and then WebRTC to the viewers. We need a reliable way to tell how long the delay is in what we see. Ideally, it would be possible to get the percentile from this data later - e.g. for 99% of the time the delay does not exceed 1s.
45212:1264838

Adam Medziński

Aug 4, 2021, 4:04:17 AM8/4/21
to Ant Media Server
Somehow, I didn't notice this article, thank you!

Ant Media Support

Aug 4, 2021, 4:12:48 AM8/4/21
to ad...@nomagic.ai, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam Medziński,
Sure. Most welcome.
--
Best Regards,
Mohit Dubey

Star Ant Media Server on GitHub and get a chance to win an AMS Annual Enterprise Edition License.

On Wed, 4 Aug at 11:06 AM
, Adam Medziński <ad...@nomagic.ai> wrote:
Somehow, I didn't notice this article, thank you!

On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 5:33:33 PM UTC+2 support wrote:
Hi Adam Medziński,
Hope you are doing well.