AMS 2.3, RTMP push audio sync issue

Anurag Goel

Mar 15, 2021, 10:17:25 AM3/15/21
to Ant Media Server
Hey antmedia,

We were testing using new ams2.3 EE and found a bug/issue in it. audio /video are not in sync when we  are playing it rtmp player. It was working fine on version 2.1 EE.

Note we are ingesting webrtc to AMS and that it forwarded to a RTMP server, where we do play video stream.

Can you plz look into this issue earliest.

Enes Kuluk

Mar 15, 2021, 11:05:34 AM3/15/21
to Ant Media Server
Could you provide an exact reproduce scenario please?

Regards,
Enes.

Anurag Goel

Mar 22, 2021, 6:30:24 AM3/22/21
to Ant Media Server
Hey Enes,
  • Using 2.3.0 20210302_1431
  • Memory 4 GB
  • AWS AMI instance
  • ABR 720p is on, (add snapshot for config)
After turning  ABR on, we can see delay in audio/video, but after tuning it off it working fine.
delay is observed in HLS and RTMP playing
Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 3.58.22 PM.png

Enes Kuluk

Mar 22, 2021, 3:05:43 PM3/22/21
to Ant Media Server
What is your instance details? If it is 2 core or 1 core machine it is possible that your cpu and ram is overwhelmed by the transcoding. ABR does transcoding which increases the load on the cpu tremendously. I suggest you to use larger instance if you want to enable ABR.

Best Regards,
Enes.

Anurag Goel

Mar 23, 2021, 2:54:32 AM3/23/21
to Ant Media Server

We are c5.xlarge AWS instance,
we were using same instance with AMS 2.1 and its working fine.
Issue is with AMS2.3, issue is observer only with single publisher, and i think ram and CPU both are also free.
we have turned on 720p ABR only. you can easily replicate this issue.

1. C5.xlarge instance with AMS2.3 from AWS marketplace
2. Turn 720p ABR on, recording enabled in mp4
3. Publish webrtc from browser
4. try to play HLS stream or add RTMP endpoint and play there
you shld able to see lag in audio/video while playing.

Enes Kuluk

Mar 23, 2021, 11:21:51 AM3/23/21
to Ant Media Server
Thanks for the detailed reproduce scenario, that helps a lot.
Best Regards,
Enes.

Enes Kuluk

Mar 23, 2021, 11:29:19 AM3/23/21
to Ant Media Server
I found that setting fps to 30 helps for audio/video sync. I believe thats caused because my webcam is 30fps and abr is set to 20 fps which causes sync issues. I will still create an issue about it.

Best Regards,
Enes.

Enes Kuluk

Mar 23, 2021, 11:40:32 AM3/23/21
to Ant Media Server
I created an issue about it and here it is: https://github.com/ant-media/Ant-Media-Server/issues/3088
Could you check whether everything is okey within the issue or not? If not please correct me in the github.

Best Regards,
Enes.

Anurag Goel

Mar 25, 2021, 1:17:11 AM3/25/21
to Ant Media Server
We are broadcasting from browser canvas which has frame rate of 20FPS.
Setting frame rate to 30FPS of ABR at AMS does''t help us.
It was working fine with AMS2.1.
Can we get its quick fix has we have plan to roll out streaming cluster in next 2-3 days with AMS2.3, and we got stucked here.

Enes Kuluk

Mar 26, 2021, 5:03:00 PM3/26/21
to Ant Media Server
I suggest you to comment on the issue i created and add more details to there. That would definetely increase the priority of the issue. Does disabling ABR helps?

Best Regards,
Enes

Enes Kuluk

Mar 29, 2021, 2:49:06 PM3/29/21
to Ant Media Server
I think you met with one of our experts and he already pushed a commit for this one. Thanks for the report.

Best Regards,
Enes.

lars schwarz

Jul 11, 2021, 1:45:39 PM7/11/21
to Ant Media Server
We are seeing the same issue on 2.3 also on a AWS hosted version (c5.xlarge), but w/o using ABR so not 100% sure if this is the same
issue or just similar?

Follwed up the existing ticket/email conversation, because this already included more details regarding our issue.

Ant Media Support

Jul 12, 2021, 11:55:53 AM7/12/21
to lars.s...@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lars Schwarz,
Hope you are doing well. Thank you for reporting the issue.
I tried to replicate the scenario using similar environment of AWS C5.Xlarge instance and it worked fine for me. I tried by publishing WebRTC and playing WebRTC and HLS.
I also published RTMP using OBS and played WebRTC without any Audio sync issue.
If the issue still persists we can check it together.
Let me know how this goes for you. Have a great day.
--
Best Regards,
Mohit Dubey

Star Ant Media Server on GitHub and get a chance to win an AMS Annual Enterprise Edition License.

, Lars Schwarz <lars.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
44205:1264838

Ant Media Support

Jul 20, 2021, 4:48:58 AM7/20/21
to lars.s...@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Lars Schwarz,

Hope you are doing well.
I'm closing this ticket now, please let us know if you have any queries.
Have a great day.
--
Best Regards,
Mohit Dubey

Star Ant Media Server on GitHub and get a chance to win an AMS Annual Enterprise Edition License.

On Mon, 12 Jul at 6:55 PM
, Ant Media Support <sup...@antmedia.io> wrote:
Hi Lars Schwarz,
Hope you are doing well. Thank you for reporting the issue.
I tried to replicate the scenario using similar environment of AWS C5.Xlarge instance and it worked fine for me. I tried by publishing WebRTC and playing WebRTC and HLS.
I also published RTMP using OBS and played WebRTC without any Audio sync issue.
If the issue still persists we can check it together.
Let me know how this goes for you. Have a great day.
--
Best Regards,
Mohit Dubey

Star Ant Media Server on GitHub and get a chance to win an AMS Annual Enterprise Edition License.

On Sun, 11 Jul at 8:45 PM