Live Chat for conference.html

elia pimpinicchio

Jul 28, 2020, 3:34:38 AM7/28/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi, i have a question. i want to build a chat inside a conference, for write, share document ecc. (the share of the document is a next step of implementation. )
i saw in the group that there is an html page for chat (https://github.com/ant-media/StreamApp/blob/chat_html/src/main/webapp/chat.html), but it's based on p2p connection.
my question is about conference. In which way i can implement a chat for conference room? (without use nodejs or external instrument)

Best Regards.

Elia

Ant Media

Jul 28, 2020, 5:24:33 PM7/28/20
to elia....@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elia.pimpy,

I assuming you can program Javascrip.  chat,html is an example for p2p image transfer and chat functionality and currently we dont have an working example for conference.html but what you need to implement is very similar for conference room chat messaging.
If you check conference.html closely in AMS EE 2.1, you will also see that it uses webrtc datachannel to send mute/unmute and enable/disable video events to all other clients. Analogously you can use webrtc datachannel to send chat messages and images to all conference participants. Instead of sending these events, you will send chat messages. So if you merge the displaying chat mesages part of the code from chat.html with webrtc data channel messaging part of conference.html you will have all the necessary functionality.
Additionally, I will add a feature request conference chat messaging example but I am not sure when it will be implemented.

Best Regards,
Can

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/

, Elia.pimpy <elia....@gmail.com> wrote:
15340:1264838

elia pimpinicchio

Jul 29, 2020, 6:04:54 AM7/29/20
to Ant Media, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
the conference page that you have mentioned in the previous mail is the same that i can find on my repo of antmedia?
if the answer is no, can you give me the link to find it?

Best Regards.
Elia

Ant Media

Jul 29, 2020, 6:14:15 AM7/29/20
to elia....@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elia.pimpy,

it is the same one in your Ant Media Server EE in your installation folder inside webapps/WebRTCAppEE/ or webapps/LiveApp/.  If you have already 2.1 of Ant Media Server EE.

Best Regards,
Can

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/

elia pimpinicchio

Jul 29, 2020, 6:33:24 AM7/29/20
to Ant Media, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
I don’t know which version i have.. in which way i can chech the version?
What is the difference between v1 e v2?
In which way i can have the v2 version of antmedia?

Regards.

Elia

Ant Media

Jul 29, 2020, 7:36:18 AM7/29/20
to elia....@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elia.pimpy,

you can check the version from the web panel. It is written below.

You can download latest version of AMS EE from your account in https://antmedia.io/  from downloads section.