Estimating cost for IP camera live stream with HLS output

Devin Smaldore

Jun 8, 2021, 11:31:35 AM6/8/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

I know about the AMS cost calculator for WebRTC at this link https://antmedia.io/cost-calculator/

I was wondering how accurate that would be in estimating my cost for an IP camera stream using just an HLS output?

Thanks for the insight in advance,
Devin
Message has been deleted

Cem Kılıç

Jun 9, 2021, 11:21:55 AM6/9/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

I think it will be very accurate. Can you tell us the expected amount of streams and viewers? It might be useful to know the scale of your application if that's ok for you.

Regards,
Cem

Devin Smaldore

Jun 9, 2021, 8:21:48 PM6/9/21
to Cem Kılıç, Ant Media Server
Hi,

I can use the cost calculator to be able to see how expensive this may cost depending on all of the factors that the cost calculator uses (# broadcasts, # viewers, broadcasting hours, total viewing hours), but what is a good way to come up with those estimates? Does anyone have a good way to be able to estimate *accurately* the amount of viewers one broadcast may have?

Cem Kılıç

Jun 10, 2021, 4:57:22 AM6/10/21
to Ant Media Server
It all depends on your application and only you can make the most accurate estimation. For example, live auctions usually have 40 - 50 viewers, and other types such as news channels have much more. Surely, you can estimate how many broadcasts you will have but the viewer count is much harder to estimate. Since you can scale Ant media server easily, you can start with one or two instances, and depending on the load, you can add more instances with our cluster server setup.