question regarding conference room creation

Joe Lin

Aug 6, 2020, 11:15:15 PM8/6/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

Sorry for the newbie question. I'm looking at the blog of creating a conference (https://antmedia.io/how-to-create-a-webrtc-conference-room/). And found out the code in GitHub (https://github.com/ant-media/ConferenceApp/tree/master/src/main/webapp). My understanding is that I can simply take the javascript, css, and html pages, host them on a web server (provided I modified the web socket parameters properly).

I can then interact with an AntMedia server and see the demo. Is this correct? What confuses me is why are the Java files doing there? Do I actually need them?

Thanks for any clarification.

Btw, the links on the blog are all broken.

Joe Lin

Aug 7, 2020, 3:23:06 PM8/7/20
to Ant Media Support, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Very helpful.

Joe

On Aug 7, 2020, at 5:44 AM, Ant Media Support <sup...@antmedia.io> wrote:

Hi Joe Lin,

I can then interact with an AntMedia server and see the demo. Is this correct?
yes ,this is correct.

What confuses me is why are the Java files doing there? Do I actually need them?
Java files are for create server application inside Ant Media Server. They handle WebSocket connections, some settings and Rest methods and similar stuff. You dont need them for most of the functionality.
Btw. you dont need to look to the Github. All the HTML files in github are in your installation folder of AMS EE. They are inside installation_folder/webapps/app_name directory.
If you add new html, Javascript and CSS files there, they will be also hosted like conference.html or play.html etc. but you also host them in a completely different server as long as you change the addresses ,ports etc inside them correctly

Best Regards,
Can

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/

, Joe Lin <guav...@gmail.com> wrote: