Audio only playback

Richard Leinfellner

Aug 10, 2021, 3:56:00 AM8/10/21
to Ant Media Server
We plan to only have audio for mobile devices, is it possible to just play the audio for a video stream using the web player.

So PC/Tablet get video& audio but phones only audio, from the same stream

Regards

Richard

Ant Media Support

Aug 10, 2021, 4:02:43 AM8/10/21
to rleinf...@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,
Hope you are doing good.
You can publish audio only stream using https://domain:5443/application/audio_publish.html and after that you can get the audio only playback.

Regards,
Yash
Star Ant Media Server on GitHub and get a chance to win an AMS Annual Enterprise Edition License.

, Richard Leinfellner <rleinf...@gmail.com> wrote:
45489:1264838

Richard Leinfellner

Aug 10, 2021, 4:05:33 AM8/10/21
to Ant Media Support, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks, however this means changing how we ingest the video ie. sending it twice.

Is it possible to have the system make an audio only stream, like the way you make alt.resolutions from an existing video stream?

So we only send once, but the system makes both audio/video and audio only streams available to play?

Regards

Richard