Vertical (Portrait) Video?

Robert Berger

May 18, 2020, 3:07:53 PM5/18/20
to Ant Media Server
How do I publish and play live video as Vertical (Portrait) format? Ideally would like to switch between normal (horizontal/landscape) to vertical.

Robert Berger

May 18, 2020, 3:08:54 PM5/18/20
to Ant Media Server
I meant to add this is in an HTML/Javascript webapp using webRTC

mahmut asım Onat

May 20, 2020, 9:50:45 AM5/20/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi Robert,

As far as I know, our stream does not force any aspect ratio so if your feed has vertical format you should see a vertical formatted stream. I'm not sure if this was your question but if it wasn't could you elaborate on what you meant by publishing as vertical format?

Best,
Asim

Robert Berger

May 20, 2020, 1:42:45 PM5/20/20
to Ant Media Server, mahmut asım Onat
It looks like if I start the video (using the antmedia WebRTCAppEE publisher page) with my iPhone the WebRTCAppEE pages  automatically switches to vertical (would still need to tweak the aspect ratio to get the full video it seems).

But if I use my iPhone as an input to my desktop (via Epoccam) the video is sideways. I think this is an issue with Epoccam though as it does it with other consumers of that camera.

I did find what looks to be a solution for my situation though:
"Rotate a video and fit to screen using CSS" https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35087145/rotate-a-video-and-fit-to-screen-using-css/35089806#35089806

So “never mind” :-)
Thanks

15550 Wildcat Rdg. Saratoga, CA