Two publish pages

j...@joebrundige.com

Jul 17, 2020, 2:00:08 PM7/17/20
to Ant Media Server
Sorry for the newbie question.
If I want to create two different publish pages to support two different resolutions/bitrates, do I just copy this index page and rename it and change the settings accordingly - WebRTCAppEE/index.html ? I don't want to break anything.

Thank you,
Joe

Ant Media

Jul 18, 2020, 6:01:22 AM7/18/20
to j...@joebrundige.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph Brundige,

If you want to do that, you can use adaptive streaming. You can enable adaptive streaming in settings. That might be hardware intensive application so beware of it.
Also Ant media server will decide which quality is suitable to viewers network quality. No need to worry about that!
Best Regards,
Enes Kuluk.

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/

, Joseph Brundige <j...@joebrundige.com> wrote:
13244:1264838

Joseph Brundige

Jul 21, 2020, 1:43:01 PM7/21/20
to Ant Media, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
If I understand correctly, users can add "adaptive.m3u8" to the stream name and they will automatically be watching an adaptive stream in the browser?

When I set bitrate and resolution in the index.html file, is that just setting the max resolution and bitrate?

Finally, I can set the resolutions to encode in the "WEB-INF" directory? Is that all? Any other settings to change?

Thank you,

Joe

--

Joe Brundige

Ant Media

Jul 23, 2020, 10:55:42 AM7/23/20
to j...@joebrundige.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph Brundige,

You can use ant-media server dashboard for that purpose. Check the following screenshot.
Yes, Users can use adaptive.m3u8 link.