Combined streams

James Bond

May 12, 2021, 5:18:24 AM5/12/21
to Ant Media Server

We are trying to find ways how to implement stream merger implementation since MCU feature for antmedia is not yet publicly available

I am studying the combined streams article https://antmedia.io/merge-webrtc-conferences-as-a-single-video-stream/

and I am curious whether the StreamMerger class is also available in mobile sdk as well? If not what can the team advise on how to do it?

Selim Emre

May 13, 2021, 10:04:53 AM5/13/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

Have a good day.

I am curious whether the StreamMerger class is also available in mobile sdk as well?
Currently, StreamMerger is not available on WebRTC Android SDK. It's only available for WebRTC Javascript SDK.

We have developed a Plugin mechanism. You can able to combine your streams with a plugin mechanism. MCU mechanism is one of our plugin sample. Please check this guide: https://antmedia.io/plugins-will-make-ant-media-server-more-powerful/

If you are interested in MCU plugin details, I can share with you.

I have added this task to our issue tracking system for you: https://github.com/ant-media/Ant-Media-Server/issues/3261

Best Regards,
Selim

Alex A

May 20, 2021, 4:34:48 AM5/20/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Selime,

Is there a way to make the server perform a 'merge' combined streams ? or is the only way to have a special client which connects to the server and retrieves each stream, to re-broadcast a combined stream ?

I have read this: https://antmedia.io/merge-webrtc-conferences-as-a-single-video-stream/ and it is NOT clear where this operation is taking place.

For example, is it client-side;
- client downloads all available published streams in the room
- client draws these on an invisible surface
- client broadcasts that surface as a stream back to antmedia

OR
- is this somehow calling a function on the server to create the combined stream and the demo just retrieves the stream ?

Thanks!

Alex

Yash Tandon

May 21, 2021, 3:05:43 AM5/21/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Alex,
Hope you are fine.
Basically merge_streams.html doing what is that it combines all the individual conference streams of your users/guests in the conference room and then broadcast it back on the AMS server from where you can distribute it to your viewers or republish it to other social media platforms.
You can check the merge streams feature by accessing https://yourdomain:5443/yourapplication/merge_streams.html .

Regards,
Yash

Dhimant Bhayani

May 21, 2021, 9:22:42 PM5/21/21
to Yash Tandon, Ant Media Server
Hi Yash,

Is combining multiple stream done on ANT server or on client side?

How much extra latency is added?

Best,

Dhimant

Sent from my iPhone

On May 21, 2021, at 12:05 AM, 'Yash Tandon' via Ant Media Server <ant-medi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Alex,

Alex A

May 23, 2021, 8:14:15 AM5/23/21
to Ant Media Server
It is definitely happening on the client-side and then re-broadcasting a merged stream to ANT server.
Depending on your topography this can be really inefficient obviously.

In our case to use this functionality we are going to run a 'client' to do this job at or near the server for the lowest possible latency...

it is unfortunate there is no such thing on the server itself.

Enes Kuluk

May 24, 2021, 4:54:39 AM5/24/21
to Ant Media Server
MCU is going to be added soon and this will add this ability that Alex mentioned in server side.

Best Regards,
Enes.

P I Nzete

May 24, 2021, 9:58:55 AM5/24/21
to Ant Media Server
Hello Enes,
How soon would it really be? we are really waiting for it to be done.
we currently embed individual webrtcee feeds i.e. about 150-500 feeds into one page to form a conference wall.
it has been rather hectic and so we really would like to know when the mcu would be launched.

Thanks
P I

Enes Kuluk

May 25, 2021, 1:06:59 AM5/25/21
to Ant Media Server

Hi,
It will be available with the next major release. We are testing the MCU solution right now.
Best regards
Enes.

Renato Freire Ricardo

May 27, 2021, 11:25:23 AM5/27/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Selim,

Could you share the MCU plugin details with me?

We're building a headless browser solution to run the merger in a server for now but if this feature is in test, we're willing to use it even if in beta :)